Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice - Palms (September 14, 2018) Album • Page 254

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Jul 9, 2018.

1. irethesharksib

irthetyler irthesteve irthecoachillin Prestigious

Was that from the tour with Poison the Well / Darkest Hour? Would for sure go to that tour, still.

2. Davjs

Trusted

I have no idea what tour that's from, but I would go to that today too for sure!

3. irethesharksib

irthetyler irthesteve irthecoachillin Prestigious

Might have been whatever the tour right before that was, I saw the PTW / DH one in April of 2004. But ya, great way to open the set, especially in that era with those bands.

Davjs likes this.
  4. Jbent

Trusted

Interested to see what the BMTH tour setlist looks like. Any guess? Prob a condensed version of the fall tour setlist with one or no surprises.

Only us
    Artist in the ambulance
    Hurricane
    The grey
    Black honey
    A branch in the river
    Deadbolt
    Anthology
    Beyond the pines

Idk maybe something similar to that what do you think?

5. Davjs

Trusted

I think that's a pretty good guess. I'd say they will leave Beyond the Pines off sadly though. Even at their headlining shows people were talking through it and on this one that'd probably happen x 10.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they brought out some faster paced ones like Cold Cash or All That's Left.

6. Jbent

Trusted

Agreed wouldn't be shocked to see an all heavy thrice set for this. Maybe swap beyond the pines for firebreather?Dare I say....hold up a light?

Davjs likes this.
  7. Davjs

Trusted

haha I think both of those will be a given actually. Esp since Hold Up a Light is a single and best song of 2018.

Jbent likes this.
  8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I gave a friend of mine a CD once with a bunch of good bands on it but didn’t really give him a track list. I had 3 Thrice songs in a row, and he had no idea it was the same band because they are so diverse musically and skilled at each style.

Kinda makes me wonder what someone who’s never heard of them would think/take away after seeing them play live.

Davjs likes this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

I made a friend a Thrice mix once around the time Air/Earth dropped and he said he didn't like it because it sounded like 10 different bands and it had "no flow" lol.

It believe I had The Earth Wasn't Humming, The Earth Will Shake, Silver Wings, Child of Dust, Paper Tigers all on it. God I love this band.

.K. and Jbent like this.
  10. Jbent

Trusted

Also curious about the overall response from the bring me the horizon fanbase thrice will get.

Davjs likes this.
  11. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I’m at the show on wednesday so I will report back with how they play and crowd reactions

12. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Riley said on his podcast it would be a greatest hits type set with some “surprises”/rare songs thrown in. He didn’t say how many

Davjs likes this.
  13. Davjs

Trusted

This band always has done so well with throwing in at least 1 or 2 rare/surprise songs each tour for as long as I can remember. It's so nice, esp when even some of my favorite bands rely on the same sets tour after tour.

14. Jbent

Trusted

I would think the rare or surprise song wouldn't be too uncommon from their sets over the last 3 years, if they pull out something really unique for this tour I'll be shocked.

Joe4th likes this.
  15. Perry Burned

Soooo many funny posts. Especially about paying double to find out Mike J’s band. Had me DYING. Literally burst out loud laughing and laughed for so long I got once of those stupid pressure headaches at the base of my skull.

Anyway... vinyl.

And if you don’t realize that Just Breathe and Beyond The Pines are the best songs musically on Palms, then I have no respect for any of your other opinions.

Also, vinyl. Plural this time just to change it up.

teebs41 and Davjs like this.
  16. Davjs

Trusted

Wut if I put A Branch in the River just above Pines? Still count or is everything else I say discounted?

Jbent likes this.
  17. Jbent

Trusted

This whole album is divisive in terms of favorite songs but I think beyond the pines is consensus top tier.

RuckerPark, Davjs and teebs41 like this.
  18. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I’d put Pines in the middle tier on the album. Still great, but it doesn’t quite hit the highs of Breathe, Branch, or Blood for me.

19. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

has anyone heard rumblings of any b sides coming?

20. Jbent

Trusted

How long did sea change take to come out? A year?

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

I think they've had some sort of official release for every b-side they've done instead of them just dropping them, so I'd assume we have to wait a while longer.

22. Davjs

Trusted

@Mike J, next time you are at their band practice and after you get done chewing them out for Hold Up a Light, ask them when we are getting their b-sides please!

coleslawed, Perry Burned and Jbent like this.
  23. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Thrice is about to come on.

(I’m at the BMTH show)

24. Jbent

Trusted

How was the fever 333?

25. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I bet we get something for Record Store Day again.

coleslawed and Davjs like this.