Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice - Palms (September 14, 2018) Album • Page 247

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

2. Mike J

No response, Connor? You falsely believed that bands can just tell their labels what single they should pay for and now that somebody else confirmed exactly what I said, you're going to run from accountability?

Connor likes this.
  3. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Haha what’s your problem man? Look I don’t care about the inner workings of labels. But i do know that if Thrice didn’t want it to be a single it wouldn’t. I don’t know what to tell ya though except to settle down a bit

4. Mike J

You second-guess facts and now you perpetuate more fallacies such as the one above.

5. Connor

I’m not perpetuating fallacies, put the thesaurus away and settle down. They may not have chosen the song but i would bet my life the ok’d it. I’ll admit i was wrong about it almost not making the album. I don’t know why you get so personally offended about this stuff.

Davjs likes this.
  6. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

To be fair, I probably had never listened to it. I just did a quick google search.

7. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I didn't expect Wait For Love to be nearly as upbeat sounding as it was or that they would even consider such a direction given their past, but I see what you're getting at.

I should have quoted you, but I only saw the other post referencing yours.

Kmil likes this.
  8. Kmil

Trusted

It's all good, I was just messing around. I expected a more upbeat just from the interviews the band had and what felt like it was transitioning to from their last album.

Ken likes this.
  9. Mike J

If I'm going to publicly challenge someone else's facts, I'm going to be armed with actual facts of my own, not fallacies. Bands are contractually obligated to "OK" the label's choices for singles. That way, battles over singles are precluded from ever happening. Their biggest single "Black Honey" was yet another choice made for them. "The Artist in the Ambulance" was a single they actually wanted; they didn't get it. So, the next time you come at someone, make sure to differentiate fact versus opinion.

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Wasn’t trying to stir the post. Your response on it being more of a progression of KY I could see. Carry on.

Ken and Kmil like this.
  11. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Jfc

Edit: not to the post immediately above mine, to be clear

bachna84 likes this.
  12. Mike J

Imagine how I feel. I made a valid comparison between Hold Up a Light and Lullaby, and I'm challenged by people who have no frame of reference here. They're like children who wander into the middle of a movie and want to know...

13. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

WHEN YOU COME AT MIKE J, YOU BEST NOT MISS

Ken, latortuga, Cameron and 3 others like this.
  14. Connor

Wat

bachna84 and Joe4th like this.
  15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

16. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Perhaps if I knew the name of your band, I would be able to understand what you mean

bachna84, Davjs and Connor like this.
  17. Connor

Haha nobody challenged you. You have gotten aggressive and it’s not a flattering color on you.

bachna84 and Davjs like this.
  18. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I stop checking this thread for one day and I come back to a dumpster fire.

Typical Friday I suppose

19. Davjs

Trusted

Hold up a light until the morning comes!

20. Mike J

My count is four. You're out of your depth.

"I doubt Hold Up A Light almost didn’t make the record seeing as it’s a single..." – Connor

"I just don’t understand why a band would choose a song that nearly didn’t make the album as a single..." – Connor

"But i do know that if Thrice didn’t want it to be a single it wouldn’t." – Connor

"They may not have chosen the song but i would bet my life the ok’d it." – Connor

Connor likes this.
  21. Connor

What kind of delusion are you under where you take any of that as a challenge or coming at you? I admitted i was wrong about it almost not making the album. I don’t know what is happening but it’s pretty entertaining.

22. Mike J

That's half of it. You still proceeded to insist that bands actually have a say re singles, which is unequivocally false.

You can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it.

Connor likes this.
  23. Connor

Wat

swboyd, slimfenix182, Joe4th and 3 others like this.
  24. Mike J

Everything you've said deserves a wat.

Dirty Sanchez and Connor like this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

Dude @Mike J you can't act all high and mighty in a thread where you constantly act like you talk for the band and hate some of their best work. Chill out.

awakeohsleeper, teebs41 and Connor like this.