Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice - Palms (September 14, 2018) Album • Page 228

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Jul 9, 2018.

1. InExile

Regular

I use Apple Music.

Perry Burned and Anthony Brooks like this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

3. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I gotta run the stats for Apple Music but my best guess is it’s gonna be mewithoutyou

Kevin360 likes this.
  4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Wish Google Play had listening stats now.. :sly:

5. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

Every Spotify member should receive an infographic that says:

TOP ARTIST - THRICE

KidLightning likes this.
  6. Mine said TWICE. Stream Likey folks

coleslawed likes this.
  7. Lazarus

Drummer

Now that it's settled in for a few months, and after listening to it today, I feel underwhelmed by this album. I dunno, it's definitely good, but there isn't a whole lot that stands out to me for whatever reason. It kind of just occupies the same space as M/M does for me as a good album with few highlights and a dud or two. I feel like I'll probably be in the minority here. Never really got the opportunity to discuss this album much with anyone and wondered if anyone here felt the same as I do.

latortuga, Dirty Sanchez and sophos34 like this.
  8. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Definitely been how a lot of people have been feeling in here.

I loved it, but it quickly fell out of rotation, and now I respect it, and expect to reassess how I feel about it sometime in the future.

Petit nain des Îles and Lazarus like this.
  9. Lazarus

Drummer

Gotcha. I find myself really enjoying Everything Belongs, My Soul, A Branch In The River, and Beyond The Pines, but everything else kinda just exists to me. Even those four songs pale in comparison to many of my other favorites from this band.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  10. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

It’s very good and in my top 5

11. Kevin360

I like, but am not overly impressed by, The Dark and Hold A Bud Light.

These rest of the songs I really love individually, and am trying to keep thinking of and experiencing it as an album.

12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

no desire to return to this. went into this year thinking it was an easy contender for top album for me. disappointing to say the least

Joe4th and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  13. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I seem to be the opposite of everyone. I liked this album when it came out, ended up loving it more coming back to it

beachdude, anonimito, teebs41 and 2 others like this.
  14. Davjs

Trusted

I go back to it pretty often like everything this band does. When this album first dropped it was compared to Beggars and now no one wants to listen to it lol.

15. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s just alright to me. Makes me sad.

RuckerPark, latortuga and Joe4th like this.
  16. Kevin360

I straight up felt like it could compete with Beggars those first couple of weeks.

Again, I was very surprised when my desire to listen to it plummeted. I still attribute this, not necessarily to Palms being weak, but to the quality of the albums released around it this year. I was surprised by other releases and how much I loved them, from some bands I haven’t loved or even known much of in the past.

It was a weird year for me, but for a lot of other reasons. I just struggled to connect with a lot of things (across all mediums) I was absolutely sure I would connect with.

coleslawed, beachdude and teebs41 like this.
  17. It's... a fine album. I expected a little more due to the hype.

18. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I wasn’t crazy about it from the start and I haven’t revisited it in a while. One of the biggest disappointments of the year for me outside of three songs basically. bums me out.

19. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I had a bad feeling when The Grey came out. Sigh

20. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Outside of “The Dark” and “Hold Up A Light” I think it’s great

beachdude and Tomozaurus like this.
  21. My second wind with this has been even stronger than the first tbh, still don’t love HUAL but that’s about it

beachdude, Tomozaurus and anonimito like this.
  22. latortuga

Regular

God damn hold up a light is such a jam, how can you not like it. Only reason I skip it is to make sure I don't blow out my speakers.

This album is middling thrice for me, but I am more drawn to heavier thrice. Fire EP, Vheissu, TBE are my faves.

DesolateEarth and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I need to play it again but I enjoy most of the album. Think they did some neat stuff on it

Davjs and Nate_Johnson like this.
  24. Mike J

Yeah, The Grey is horrible. I don't listen to other music and I, too, faded on this record. It has 4 songs I'll add to their lifetime playlist, and that's it. I get it, though, they're trying to make other bands think they're human.

Hopefully, those 4-5 B-sides save the day.

25. Mike J

There was hype for Palms? News to me...