Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice - Palms (September 14, 2018) Album • Page 225

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

What do you think the Seether equivlent of Mike is? Jike M? Do you think he was offended when Seether covered dreck like Thrice? Lmao.

2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

They'll just end up bonding in elitism

coleslawed, beachdude and Jesse West like this.
  3. DrownTheWorkforce

Regular

Yeah, Seether for the large part suck, with a few exceptions here and there ("Fine Again", "Words as Weapons"). Shaun Morgan listens to some pretty good music (Deftones' Diamond Eyes, Brand New's Daisy and Portishead's Dummy are in his five favorite albums of all time), so it's a shame not to see that rub off on the quality of his music. I can't say I would necessarily encourage Thrice to shun Seether's cover, but being mentioned in the same breath as such a stale, derivative post-grunge act is probably not what they would have anticipated after being post-hardcore heroes for the last decade. They are doing a lot of promotion with radio rock stations, and it would be great if they increased their profile, but not if they continue to get even duller than Palms.

I will agree that not all radio rock sucks, but a large portion of it does. Chevelle have always been recognized as a cut above, same with Deftones and APC, as far as newer bands go, Ghost has been pretty well-received, Highly Suspect, Royal Blood, etc.

Perry Burned likes this.
  4. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

stars143, anonimito, Connor and 2 others like this.
  5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

beachdude, Joe4th, anonimito and 2 others like this.
  6. I'm trying to think about what Seether songs Thrice could cover.

edit: Broken (feat. Emma Ruth Rundle), let's do it

7. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

8. Davjs

Trusted

Driven Under or Disease would both be amazing.

9. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I low key like Creed. I’m not that ashamed about it.

coleslawed, beachdude, Davjs and 3 others like this.
  10. Dog with a Blog

Creed has some definite bangers

11. momo32t

Trusted

beachdude, DesolateEarth and Davjs like this.
  12. atlas

Trusted

me when I see literally any post in praise of Chevelle at any time

[​IMG]

beachdude, Gooddayz, Connor and 8 others like this.
  13. Lucas27

Trusted

I’m digging this conversation. On this subject, RED’s album Of Beauty & Rage was one of my favorites of 2015. Super overlooked.

14. Never listened to RED. Thanks for the rec!

15. Lucas27

Trusted

They’re big in the “Christian rock” scene and get lumped in with Skillet cause they use a lot of symphonics. They are miles better than Skillet though. Not big on their newest album but I still jam their first two records and the one I just mentioned.

16. Lucas27

Trusted

Also guys, my good buddy's favorite band is Breaking Benjamin and I've always made fun of him for it (not to his face, but inwardly). Well, I decided to check out their new album and it ain't half bad. I actually liked it. Maybe even quite a bit. Anyway, I feel like this is a safe place to talk about it.

17. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Breaking Benjamin, aka one of the like 5 bands that survived by high school days. Love them.

18. choke

Skatecat

Bought the oxblood variant today, it looks nice.

Perry Burned likes this.
  19. Breaking Benjamin can be great, the vocal correction on the new album was a bit too blatant for my liking.

beachdude, Nate_Johnson and Davjs like this.
  20. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Breaking Benjamin’s new album is pretty darn good!

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  21. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

Failure's "In The Future Your Body Will Be The Furthest Thing From Your Mind" is my album of the year. They don't necessarily sound like Thrice, but they have big drums, punishing bass lines, heavenly lead guitar and a similar ethos. Riley is a big fan, too. Treat yourself!

22. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I see being out of this thread for a week wasn't long enough to miss anything relevant.

23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Summary: People discussed the Only Us single/video and new tour.

Other stuff was said too.

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Is this thread safe again

25. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Depends on if Seether's number one fan is lurking in here. If so there could be a clash of the titans

beachdude, Nate_Johnson and Davjs like this.