Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice - Palms (September 14, 2018) Album • Page 224

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Jul 9, 2018.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

lol

beachdude, Joe4th and Anthony Brooks like this.
  2. Perry Burned

Almost. Epitaph acknowledges the mix up and stated that they will be pressing new and replacing mixed up records. They further stated that they will provide more information once the new batch pressing is completed and tracking information is available.

momo32t likes this.
  3. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Epitaph has yet to respond to me. So, eh.

4. stars143

Trusted

I saw Thrice at this festival earlier this year. Look at the lineup: CAROLINA REBELLION
    Plenty of bands similar to Seether... didn't they play Rock on the Range too?

beachdude and Nate_Johnson like this.
  5. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Swing and a miss for @Mike J!

beachdude likes this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

It's just blatant that using what he thinks Thrice wants/thinks/feels to justify personal taste is what is happening and it's sad.

It's ok to feel the way you do and hate the bands best stuff and hate on other bands, but using fake inside info and pretending you know anything about the way strangers feel to validate your points is lame. Just cop to it without roping them in.

7. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I love thrice goddamn

8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t most rock bands could hit the variety of styles Thrice have. That’s what sets them apart for me. Also, lyrically, Dustin’s writing is one of my favourites.

9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

beachdude and Nate_Johnson like this.
  10. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Just popping in to say I love this album and Only Us is an amazing song

11. Lucas27

Trusted

I would love to see a commercial begin with this statement.

12. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

“This isn’t just a commercial... ITS A NEW PRODUCT! Introducing BRAWNDO! Its got Electrolytes! It’s what plants need!”

beachdude, latortuga, Lucas27 and 2 others like this.
  13. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

Do I really need to explain the difference between a festival and a tour? C'mon, guys. Stop trying to counter with something that is not even remotely comparable. Hans Zimmer and Beyonce played at the same festival. Once again, you will never see Thrice go anywhere near Seether's world of dreck. Not now, not ever.

14. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Does Shrek have an uglier, long lost brother that I don’t know about?

15. KalValor

Regular

What the hell is this thread anymore? I love thrice, the album is fantastic. Weirdly, I think I’ve already reached a point where return to it less often than most of their other albums, but I’m never disappointed when I do come back to it.

beachdude likes this.
  16. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Multiple songs off Palms premiered on Octane so yeah they are definitely lumped in with those bands now. It's not just at Festivals. But wtv Thrice is still Thrice so it changes nothing to me.

17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

@Shrek is this true?

18. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I mean they are touring with a band far worse than Seether.... so i dunno what you’re on about.

beachdude, Joe4th, ChiliTacos and 2 others like this.
  19. Tomozaurus

Regular

lowkey happy to see all the praise for Chevelle in here. They're one of those bands where I generally keep my enthusiasm for pretty quiet.

20. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

That type of thinking (could do you in)

21. Tomozaurus

Regular

beachdude and Dog with a Blog like this.
  22. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

They're bad for several reasons (which is why it'll be the first tour where I don't attend multiple shows). However, their genre is still more in line with Thrice's ethos. Seether tours with Creed's guitarist and 3 Doors Down.

23. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Hell yeah sing that shit loud and proud, Chevelle is tight

atlas, Connor, Nate_Johnson and 2 others like this.
  24. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

For the record “Creed’s guitarist” is Mark Tremonti and he is currently touring with Sevendust, another highly underrated band.

coleslawed, beachdude, Connor and 5 others like this.
  25. Seether x Thrice Split 7" confirmed.