Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice - Palms (September 14, 2018) Album • Page 175

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I dig that one, so I’m down for it to be there. And yea, there are some excellent songs being cycled in probably due to a certain song not being there.

2. Predictably. That’s not as good of a live rock song.

teebs41 likes this.
  3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I wanna see thrice again :(

teebs41 likes this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I love this album more and more

renoinexile and Kmil like this.
  5. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Blood On The Sand/Hold Up A Light combo would be a nice adrenaline injection after a Water or a slower Beggars song.

6. Greg

2 songs were switched out last night. One I’m cool with, the other I’ll be super bummed if they don’t put it back in for Friday.

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I need firebreather

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This is like his entire twitter feed ha

Attached Files:

9. I wish I could unsee that tweet. Glad to see him call these bigots out.

10. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

His Twitter is a nightmare. Honestly, I'm not sure why he continues to engage with these people. Good on him for doing it, though.

sophos34 and inwaves like this.
  11. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Dustin should write a song with Spencer and Aaron about removing/distancing themselves from that community

awakeohsleeper and teebs41 like this.
  12. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Engaging them with such class and respectfulness is the only way to communicate and work to show them where they might be wrong.

I’ve been impressed.

13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Dustin seems like such a cool dude

14. scottlechowicz Sep 22, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 22, 2018)
    scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

So this was #6 with 16,000 sold?

Good on them.

Edit: If I recall correctly, TBE was like 20k or so? Not bad considering this didn’t have the hype associated with returning from hiatus.

15. jols

Trusted Prestigious

He's mentioned a couple times that he works to maintain a "bridge" of communication with his fans and followers who disagree with him or are indifferent on social issues. Seems to me that he feels it's his responsibility. His optimism in attempting to encourage thought and change minds is admirable for sure, I just hope not too many of them are tuning out.

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  16. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

Dustin forgot a line during the opening of "Only Us" last night. I always love when singers vocalize the melody whenever they forget the lyric. He cracked up as he went into the next line. However, he still beat himself up for it during an interlude.

17. Mike J

God, 'Branch' kicks so much ass live. When they get to the outro, both Dustin and Teppei drop to the ground to fiddle with their pedals and create feedback. Dustin also takes the mic off the stand at the beginning of the bridge in order to hype the crowd.

To those of you who don't like the song currently, I'll be shocked if the live rendition doesn't change your mind.

18. Greg

Who doesn’t like that song?

Larry David likes this.
  19. Mike J

True Story: At the conclusion of "Pines" last night, a random girl came up to me and hugged me. She proceeded to kiss me on the cheek before disappearing into the crowd. I presume the song made her rather emotional, and since I must've been the closest person to her, she opted to have me, of all people, provide some form of comfort. I thought this act was kinda strange at first, so much so that I immediately checked for my wallet. But, if you think about it, we sometimes high-five and hug random strangers at sporting events if something goes our collective way. A powerful song can create plenty of emotion that people can't help but act on – a la a big basket or home run.

20. Mike J

If you've read every page of this thread, you'll find plenty of people who don't like your favorite songs.

21. Greg

Eh

I don’t recall any Branch hate. If someone does they are in the minority. Or my brain shuts it out because that song rules.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  22. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

man Branch is such a bad song

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Mike is in full form tonight

24. DesolateEarth

Birb

I've always hated that terrible song Log In The Marsh.

teebs41 likes this.
  25. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Twig In The Puddle

teebs41 likes this.