Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice - Palms (September 14, 2018) Album • Page 174

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Jul 9, 2018.

1. dead_fm

Regular

2. Kmil

Trusted

dead_fm likes this.
  3. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

With how much I love this record, I’m bummed that I didn’t opt for the rarer vinyl.

Oh well. Hope the finished product is cool! I’ll just admire it from afar.

4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'm not a collector of vinyls or anything, but why does it seem so common for production issues to occur and delayed releases? I feel like I've seen multiple similar complaints about other albums from different bands about late shipments. Maybe I'm nuts

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

again, doesn't seem like you should be blaming KRM

6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I mean, I'm not blaming anyone, I'm completely ignorant to all of this. It just appears to be a common complaint when a new vinyl is released, but I'm unaware of the specific circumstances that cause it in each situation.

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think these plants have more than they can handle right now. Its hard justify building new ones bc its older technology. so when something goes wrong they are often delayed.. you gotta wonder too, maybe thrice got the test press back and were unhappy with something, you never know. I remember Copeland Ixora was delayed bc they werent happy how the vinyl sounded, and then the final product was amazing, one of my best sounding records.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

there was an article on here once about all of this, it was pretty interesting. Something about how instead of building new factories and equipment they are just constantly repairing old equipment

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

The Dark's extended live ending is just magic in person.

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  10. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

LET ME OBJECTIFY MY ANGER TOWARD SOMETHING

sorry to yell
    listening to Hold Upa Light

Also, it’s KRMs fault for not communicating with customers.

momo32t, teebs41 and dead_fm like this.
  11. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

All I will say is my bundle came intact so pretty pleased about that. I quite like the enamel pin and slipmat plus I didn't have a Thrice tshirt yet so pretty happy I went with the bundle after all instead of vinyl only. Just wish they had the red variants up for sale online.

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I agree with you there

Kevin360 likes this.
  13. renoinexile

To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere

14. Mike J

The answer is always 9 at HOB shows.

15. Mike J

Hold Up a Light got a decent reaction last night. I was surprised. Song has energy, like it or not.

dead_fm likes this.
  16. Who woulda guessed a good rock song would go over well at a rock concert. Not I, the good rock song liker. :chin:

17. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

:crylaugh::teethsmile:

teebs41 likes this.
  18. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I love that they finally cycled it out.

teebs41 likes this.
  19. dead_fm

Regular

I really like the song. Glad it made the set list.

Kevin360, teebs41 and scottlechowicz like this.
  20. Greg

I like that song, but I would have preferred to hear My Soul waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than that one. But it makes sense they would play it live.

teebs41 likes this.
  21. shea

RIP Supporter

[​IMG]

22. Greg

Don’t fight it. Maybe the bands wants their set to just breathe more than it has in the past, selection wise.

KalValor and teebs41 like this.
  23. shea

RIP Supporter

After the initial shock and upon looking it over one more time, the only song I see that they played that I would even want to lose is Image. Hard to be mad when they're playing Beggars, Paper Tigers, Anthology, and TAAATD....

24. Mike J

"Blood on the Sand" didn't have the same effect 2 years ago on my crowds. Plenty of energetic songs land with a thud. But, thanks for insulting me again.

25. Greg

Where did he insult you?

anonimito and Jason Tate like this.