Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice on Epitaph?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Dustin Kensrue of Thrice was recently interviewed by Two Doods Review on YouTube. If you can handle the weird echo in the interview you’ll find out Thrice signed with Epitaph Records. So, that’s pretty cool.

Erwin89 likes this.
  2. Crazy! Wasn't expecting that.

3. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Oh shit I didn't know that was offiical. I did watch this already but guess i wasnt paying close enough attention

4. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

What was their last record released on?

5. Nap

So it means we'll have another Thrice album

Ska Senanake likes this.
  6. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

Summer 2018 will reward us with a new Thrice record. The Epitaph deal was made with that timeline in mind.

7. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I thought Vagrant did great things for them. Hopefully Epitaph can do the same.

Now we can get an Epitaph tour

Thrice > The Menzingers > PBTT

8. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

This is a epitaph records advanced promotional stream doesn't have the same ring to it but that label can be a great fit for them

9. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

well, of course!!!

10. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

This is fucking awesome

11. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Slowly but surely, it seems that Epitaph has been snatching great bands left and right for a little while now, not that they ever lacked in the quality department. Good for them.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I hope they keep progressing in the style of The Window. That might be one of my favorite songs of theirs and it is produced so fucking well. The dirty bass siloed to one ear during the second verse, going from 7/8 to 4/4 so seamlessly while basically maintaining the same riff, the subtle shakers, SO GOOD.

13. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

This is all I want. I think an album in the vein of the Window (less wake up / blood on the sand) would be incredible.
    Also wouldn’t mind some heavier Fire EP type moments.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  14. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

I absolutely believe that "The Window" is the future sound of this band.

15. Don't forget the switch to 3/4 at the end!

Ska Senanake and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  16. Seeing all the love for "The Window" in here makes me so happy. Still my favorite from the album, even though the lyrics are saddeningly dark/pessimistic

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I like my music depressing!!

18. princexero

Let's Lead, Not Follow

What a news! Can't wait!

19. rxbandit89

Yea, they've definitely been signing bands that are sure to have a pretty stable floor of fans and return on investment. I will buy every release from Thrice, Propagandhi, Converge, Refused, Saosin, Quicksand, etc puts out, no questions asked.

20. Guilherme Brandao

Regular

Hahahaha, I can't listen to Beggars without listening that insertion in my mind.

Glad to see they're moving with the plans for the next record. Thrice is my favorite band so I can't wait to see what they'll put out.

And hopefully, they'll finally come to Brazil in support of this album, or I'll be able to travel to see them live.

Chase Tremaine and princexero like this.
  21. princexero

Let's Lead, Not Follow

I've been waiting for them since 2006. They played in Milan (Italy) an amazing set. I travelled abroad (UK in 2012 and Canada 2016) in order to see them. I'm hoping for an Italian tour...

22. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I believe they even switch to 3/4 at some point, so yeah, it's impressive.

Ska Senanake likes this.
  23. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

Respectfully disagree. I hear optimism in the constant allusions to a greater reality beyond what is seen, though the speaker is admittedly mired in his own cynicism in the song's bridge. He seems to acknowledge an ineffable Other that exceeds his perception or experience, but that he nonetheless trusts exists.

24. rxbandit89

I have always considered this song just another angle on See You in the Shallows. It's a retelling of Plato's Allegory of the Cave. One key difference, I guess, it that it seems as if it's being written through the lens of mental illness, where as "See you in the Shallows" seems more about conformity.

exanctile and Chase Tremaine like this.