Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice / La Dispute / nothing,nowhere. Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jun 15, 2016.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Backdraft is so good though

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

There is no Thrice song that I dislike. That being said, I think this song is my least fav of TAI and probably in my bottom 10 from them. Also on the album it has a cool, eerie vibe because of all the little sounds they put in that you can't do live. IMO Messenger or Burn the Fleet would have kept the flow going better, but I also respect they for pulling such a random song.

3. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Already going!

4. johnnyferris

Nothing, Nowhere was great! I need to check them out once I'm home.

5. You live in Nashville too? "Red Sky" was a really nice treat.

6. Was anyone else bummed that Thrice didn't play any M/m songs besides "Yellow Belly"?

Davjs likes this.
  7. I'm half and half on that song, compositionally, but it was still cool to see live. "Wood & Wire" was probably the highlight for me.

Davjs likes this.
  8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I live in Knoxville. Was in Nashville for a four day weekend to see Thrice and Beyonce.

I would like to see Words in the Water become a staple.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  9. How was Beyonce?? haha

"Words" would be a great staple. Personally though, the three song run of "Treading" > "Blur" > "Words" is one of my favorite 3-song portions of any album ever, so getting all those songs live would be A+. I believe I've seen "Words" twice but "Treading" and "Blur" only once each.

10. Davjs

Trusted

Of course, it's a great album. Yellow belly sounded so great and loud. I also think Promises sounds great live and better than on the album. Words in the Water and/or Cataracts would have been nice too.

Wood and Wire was so great, I never thought it would have transitioned so well live. The thing with Backdraft is that it's kind of bland to me and the Fire Album has so many better tracks to play. I get that they were pulling it out because it hasn't been played before though.

11. "Promises" is great live. "Cataracts" would be a dream song to see live. "Cataracts," "Blinded," and "Disarmed" are the three songs from M/m that I fear I'll never get to see live and full-band.

As for "Backdraft," there are honestly plenty of songs from Alchemy Index that I would be fine never hearing live. I just want to hear "The Whaler" one more time.

12. Davjs

Trusted

I think Cataracts has been played since the reunion and I know the band likes it, so I think you have the most luck with that song. Disarmed I think has only been played acoustic but the ending with the full band would be amazing to see live. I'm so so on Blinded but I don't think that's been played live.

About never hearing a song live, I kind of think of it as Pokémon. I want to catch them all :-)

13. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Beyoncé was a specatacle unlike anything I've ever seen. So much fun.

14. Two of my coworkers were there at the Nashville show too. They were raving about it and all I could say was, "Well...I'm seeing I the Mighty in a tiny bar tomorrow night??" hahahha

15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I was a little bummed, but I love everything from this band, so I was still happy. Assumed they would have played Anthology though, but I guess they played it on the farewell tour so...

16. johnnyferris

They must have read Chorus during the June tour because there was a lot of "I don't like Treading Paper" and "Anthology isn't meant for this new era of the band" talk. I still want to see "Call It In The Air" and "Disarmed" though.

Davjs likes this.