Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice / La Dispute / nothing,nowhere. Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jun 15, 2016.

1. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Do you remember if they had vinyl by any chance?

2. Traumacaspian

Hold Fast Hope

I am going tonight in Salt Lake City, Utah....5th time seeing Thrice can't wait!

3. NotBruce

Regular

I don't, but I think I remember them saying they had a tour variant of TBEITBN. Don't quote me on that, though. I didn't see any at the table but it was packed when I walked by it, so I didn't see what was on the table aside from the clothes hanging up.

4. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

No worries! I appreciate the response.

5. Traumacaspian

Hold Fast Hope

Salt Lake City, Utah 9/20/16 at The Complex

Preshow - Merch

They had everything shown except for the Thrice Hoodies, most the shirts were $20 but a few were in the $25 to $30 range. They also had the tour poster as well as Thrice black signed poster by them that was for $40.00. They had the TBEITBN tour variant vinyl as well, they didn't have many left but Dustin mentioned it was his favorite of all of them.

Nothing, Nowhere

Very slow steady band to start the show, I had listened to them a little before coming and they sounded good live, they have a video going during their whole set of a little bit of everything and they just play along to it, I didn't get their setlists but they played about 6 songs or so.

La Dispute

2nd time seeing them as the first time was with Thrice when they toured with Manchester Orchestra and they were good the singer puts on so much energy with his songs (reminds me of Aaron from MewithoutYou) but a lot of people were laughing at just how much energy he was putting into his performance instead of just enjoying it. They probably played about 8-10 songs the crowd mostly go into the old songs, they ended with King Park which was a great song to end with as they had most the front portion of the crowd singing along.

Thrice

This was my 5th time seeing Thrice and they sounded amazing live! they put on a great show, didn't talk much just played and the lighting and smoke effects went with each song perfectly. I was very surprised at how many people actually knew and sang along from their new album. The encore was the perfect 3 songs to end on, If you are on the fence about going please do they have a great setlist and sounded fantastic live!

Setlist

Hurricane - To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere
    Silhouette - The Artist In The Ambulance
    Of Dust And Nations - Vheissu
    All The World is Mad - Beggers
    Black Honey - To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere
    Backdraft - The Alchemy Index: Fire
    The Window - To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere
    The Long Defeat - To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere
    The Weight - Beggars
    Wood and Wire - Beggars
    Daudalus - The Alchemy Index: Water
    Hold Fast Hope - Vheissu
    Hoods on Peregrine - The Artist In The Ambulance
    Blood On The Sand - To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere
    Death From Above - To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere
    Yellow Belly - Major/Minor
    For Miles - Vheissu

Encore

The Artist In the Ambulance - The Artist In the Ambulance
    Deadbolt - The Illusion of Safety
    The Earth Will Shake - Vheissu

My View:

[​IMG]

Their View:

[​IMG]

Davjs and kidwithhelmet like this.
  6. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Saw this last night in Cleveland. It was a very fun show and reminded me how good the Thrice discography is. I missed the first band, but La Dispute did a really nice job. I think Cleveland benefited from having La Dispute play here a good amount because the crowd was definitely into them.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Daudalus

coleslawed likes this.
  8. Emokid79

Regular

THank you for posting this. I was on the fence about going. Now after seeing this I'm going to skip this one. I know they are touring behind a new album but i wish they would play a few more older songs.

9. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

14 out of 20 songs are older... Honestly, I think you should go. The new album is really good and they play it well. The show was phenomenal, at least in Minneapolis.

10. I'm pretty mixed on the setlist Thrice has been playing for this second leg of the TBEITBN tour (no more "In Years to Come"? no more "Stay with Me"?) but for the Nashville show, they added in "Red Sky" for a special occasion, which was really great.

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  11. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Added Red Sky tonight in Nashville, but didn't cut anything.

Chase Tremaine and teebs41 like this.
  12. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

How the hell did we post that at the same time. Was a very nice show tonight.

13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Going Sunday. Can't wait. Will probably be like my 15th Thrice show or something...

14. TMS2787

Trusted

I went on Wendesday night to the Columbus show and I thought they sounded as good as ever. This was my 22nd Thrice show and I finally got to hear "Hoods on Pergine" live, which was great for me because I've hoped for that song every time I've seen them and was pretty excited when I saw it on all of the setlists I looked at for the tour. Another pleasant surprise for me was that they had no technical difficulties. It seems like every time I see them something goes haywire, it kind of became a running joke between me
    and two friends who use to always go see Thrice together. I also wish they would've added "Red Sky" one night earlier, haha. But I can't complain one bit about the show.

I caught the end of La Disputes set and I enjoyed the four songs I heard, I'm a casual fan that's listened to all of their albums and I had seen them once previous, opening for Thrice at the same venue in 2011. It seemed like the Thrice crowd didn't know how to take them. And overall the venue was pretty empty, I wouldn't even say it was half full.

15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I love thrice so much can't wait to see them again. Kind of frustrated thinking that it won't be until 2017

16. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Thrice was great last night as always. Only complaint is that Red Sky wasn't played, and the sound cut out during the last half of All The World is Mad. Otherwise, I couldn't have asked for more.

Davjs likes this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea those things happen from time to time, how did the band respond?

18. Davjs

Trusted

I saw this show in STL on Friday. Can't explain how happy I am with Thrice and their set.

NN was ok. All their songs sounded the same and I felt bad for their bass player who seemed to have nothing to play for a couple songs. Their drummer....jeez is he good though. I'd say maybe too good for the band.

I know La Dispute has sides that either think they are amazing or just don't get it and think they are noise. I'm in the latter camp so I'll just leave it at that. I do respect the hell out of their singers energy though. I wish the band wasn't statues, if they all moved like that I think I would have a different opinion, esp since none of the members are playing anything too crazy to warrant them standing still.

Can't believe the energy Thrice still has. I never would have personally picked this set, but at the same time I wouldn't change it (other than Backdraft for Firebreather, Messenger or Burn the fleet). The new songs sounded fantastic. I think the set was the same as the last leg of the tour minus The Weight, Hoods and Deadbolt.

19. Davjs

Trusted

Redsky over Backdraft would have been awesome actually lol. I don't know what other song I'd replace it with though. Maybe the Widow? I dunno, it was cool to hear it unexpectedly.

20. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

They were fairly cool about it. Kept playing throughout the end of the song. Then Dustin came to the front of the stage and (off mic) said to the crowd, "Something's not working... We're fixing it." - Only took about a minute and then things were back up and running. Dustin then apologized again for it towards the end of the show.

21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I was happy with what we got. I guess I didn't realize that Backdraft was in place of Red Sky. Haven't they been playing both the past few nights?

22. Davjs

Trusted

oh no, I was meaning I would have rather them played Redsky over Backdraft because you said they didn't play it. To my knowledge they haven't been playing it at all.

23. Davjs

Trusted

I know in the past when there has been sound issues, Dustin busts out his acoustic and plays Stare at the Sun. That would have been great lol

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I think in Nashville, they played both Backdraft and Red Sky.

Davjs likes this.
  25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I've seen this happen at past shows, but I guess they were up and running quickly enough that he didn't need to fill time. That would have been cool though.

Years ago I went to a Thrice show and afterwards, Dustin went across the street under an over pass and played 4-5 songs acoustically in the park for about 30-40 fans. I was one of the best things ever.

Davjs likes this.