Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice / La Dispute / Gates Tour • Page 7

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 4, 2016.

1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Riley said it'll probably be impossible to accurately play Salt and Shadow live, unfortunately.

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Just do an arrangement of it. Those water songs were never done live exactly like they appeared on the record

Davjs and johnnyferris like this.
  3. jakeryandesigns

Anyone who's gone have a setlist for La Dispute?

4. zacooper

Regular

Was at the LA show. As previously stated they closed with King Park and there was a lot of Rooms of the House stuff (pretty sure they played Hudsonville, MI 1956; Woman (in mirror); and For Mayor in Splitsville but my memory could be slightly off). I think they may have played "I See Everything" as well. Unfortunately, I don't have the full setlist and as much as I love La Dispute I didn't think the Shrine was a great venue for them as the vocals weren't mixed in well and made it very hard to hear his vocals which to me are the way I keep up with what song is being played (I remember lyrics better than music riffs).

5. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Oh man if they're playing I See Everything I'd be so stoked. Haven't seen them play that since the Wildlife tour.

6. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Surprised no whistleblower.

7. Davjs

Trusted

Agreed since it's the heaviest one on the album and those tend to look more fun for the band to play and the audience to hear. Out of all the songs they are playing from the new album, I can't say I'd switch it out for one of those though.

8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Really hoping they play Whistleblower on Friday. Also just glad the show is on a weekend in general. Hate having to go to shows during the week with work so early in the morning.

9. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Saw them play Circles in 2010 and it was everything. I recorded it, pretty sure it's on YouTube somewhere

10. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

They said they aren't playing it this tour.

11. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Doesn't seem like they are changing up the sets at all. That's unfortunate. The middle half of the set is really slow.

12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Oh I thought they said they won't be playing it until later in the tour.

13. jakeryandesigns

Thanks for taking the time to write all that out! I think La Dipsute gets better with each release so I'm perfectly fine with a more Rooms and some Wildlife set. I haven't seen them since Rooms came out. Either way this tour is perfection and I'm excited for every band!

teebs41 likes this.
  14. Mibabalou

MUFC / NYRB Prestigious

Still crazy I can't find a dispute setlist anywhere on the Internet.

Post one if one of you guys is going soon, I'll be there in NYC if not.

Way pumped for thrice though, first time I'm seeing them, which is crazy.

15. Mibabalou

MUFC / NYRB Prestigious

Also if anyone is going to the starland show in NJ, and would pick someone up from the city or is going from the city let me know. I'd go to this show twice if I can find a ride!

Thanks.

16. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

So how many chorus.fm peeps going to the Orlando show? B-)

17. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I'll be there with my super pregnant wife. Also will be at Park Ave CDs.

himynameisdakota likes this.
  18. himynameisdakota

Regular

I'll be there! I'll also be at the acoustic performance earlier in the day at Park Ave

Kevin360 likes this.
  19. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

I'll be at both Park Ave CDS and HOB Orlando :)

himynameisdakota and Kevin360 like this.
  20. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Another member of the Park Ave and HOB Orlando contingent checking in.

21. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

Dakota Kensrue

22. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Can't wait for Detroit :heart: it'll be my sixth time seeing them

23. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

new setlist. debut of 'stay with me' deadalus was dropped. bass issues after silhouette led to a song along of distin doing stare at the sun.

24. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

They should drop Treading Paper over Daedalus.

dead_fm likes this.
  25. T.J.

music and baseball.

i can't wait to see this show. less than a week to go. i have been looking at the set lists and i am excited with the variety, but i wish they would have done all or more of the recent album's songs. i will enjoy this show to the max, regardless.