Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice / La Dispute / Gates Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Ironically, I saw both Moving Mountaind and Flags of Dawn played at the same show in 08.

Gonna be at The Tabernacle on the 10th in Atlanta.

2. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That's a dream line-up, I'd travel real far if it only went to Europe! I've seen La Dispute twice, in Austria and here in Poland, but never had a chance to catch Thrice, which is one of my all time favorites, and Gates, which is probably one of my new favorite bands as well :) I really hope people are going to get to the shows earlier to see Gates perform, they deserve some more recognition.

3. dead_fm

Regular

Welp....looks like La Dispute "warmed up" last night in MI by running through Wildlife front to back, then encoring 4 more songs. If that's what they're playing on this tour I might shit my pants.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

For anyone who will be in Orlando for that show.

5. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Just got my tickets for it this morning. Thanks for posting about it again because I honestly probably wouldn't have heard about it until after it happened. It probably doesn't help that I'm not from Florida and going to be on vacation haha

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It just struck me how much I'm not looking forward to that La Dispute set.

7. dead_fm

Regular

......that hurts my heart :\

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

can't imagine they won't focus on stuff from rooms, the more rooms the better the set

Deathco_019 and Bartek T. like this.
  9. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I hope Gates has their new album for sale at the LA show. It's the day it comes out and I'd love to pick it up there.

10. cwhit

they do have records in hand so i'd imagine so

11. bennjeff

Regular

Would love to catch this tour, but sadly it seems to be following a recent trend of artists choosing to play Charlotte over the middle part of NC. I understand why, but Thrice has always played Chapel Hill so I for sure thought they would this go round and they have an open date between Charlotte and Norfolk, but I understand needing a day off. Hopefully a fall tour will come back through

12. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Really hope they open with Hurricane for the setlist on the tour B-)

Kevin360 likes this.
  13. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Pretty sure i'm going to go to the Atlanta show. Holding out buying tickets until prob later today. I've been to a lot of shows recently and got kinda burned out..... but I mean its Thrice with a new album.

14. himynameisdakota

Regular

So I waited until the last minute because I hate myself so if anyone wants to part ways with a ticket or two to the Orlando date let me know

At least I'm going to the aucustic performance the same day

15. Kevin360

They'll be selling tickets to the show at the acoustic performance. For $25, I think. Call up Park Ave CDs and ask.

16. johnnyferris

Their second show back from the hiatus at the Glasshouse was one of the best shows I've been to, but I have a feeling this will top it.

17. himynameisdakota

Regular

I actually went by last night and they told me they were sold out of the tickets. Needless to say I was pretty bummed.

18. Kevin360

Tour Shirt

19. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I just saw that t-shirt as well, looks great!

20. johnnyferris

I really don't need another T-shirt but that looks great.

21. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

As a Raleigh resident, I feel your pain. Still road tripping to Charlotte to catch this show, but I would love to see them play closer to home for the both of us.

Hard to complain when one of my favorite bands returns from a hiatus that could have gone on indefinitely in less than five years.

22. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Thrice headlining The Tabernacle is gonna be special, though.

ParenthesesLive likes this.
  23. Kevin360

I did not enjoy my experience at Redhat with Brand New last year. The crowd was terrible. Never had a chance to catch a show in Carrboro / Chapel Hill area.

Love The Fillmore in Charlotte though. Was worth the 3 hour drive from Wake Forest to me.

24. cwhit

25. dead_fm

Regular

It's my understanding that they have a tour variant of the new record with them for sale. Hoping the same holds true for Thrice.