Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice / La Dispute / Gates Tour • Page 15

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Anthony Brooks Jun 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 23, 2016)
    Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Best show I've seen since my first concert, Thrice in 09. They all fucking ruled. Gates impressed me even though I felt they needed to be louder. La Dispute was as chaotic and energetic as I remember. Thrice did their thing to near perfection

Also fuck off to whomever threw a water bottle at Dustin in the middle of Backdraft

2. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Detroit show was great. Glad to finally see La Dispute. Even with it being my ninth time seeing them, gates were great as usual. I may have been the only one there who left before Thrice.

3. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

people need to put their phones down man. maybe I'm just jaded and old but I'm tired of being in the pit area and having to watch parts of the show through someone's phone.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm jaded and old too. I almost wish concert venues would ban phones.

5. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Thrice sounded so great last night.

Some quick thoughts the day after:

1) Gates was a band I hadn't heard of, but I dug their sound. If they were around when I was 18, I would have been all over them.

2) La Dispute was . . . not my cup of tea. Haha. That is probably the most charitable way I can put it. They had a good deal of support in the crowd, though.

3) I believe this has been mentioned in here before, but man did the crowd really react to the new songs. That has to make the band feel great.

4) Highlights for me were the new songs, Wood and Wire, Sky is Falling, and Backdraft.

5) Perhaps it was because I was in the balcony, but I only heard one person yell for Deadbolt, which was refreshing.

Heart and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  6. Chuck!

Regular

I was shocked by how positive the crowd reacted to the new songs in Philly. It's a great album, but I've never really seen anything like it in many years of going to shows

7. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I can't believe I finally get to see them tonight! This will be my first Thrice show, and i could not be more excited.

8. Deathco_019

Drummer

I was at the Philly show and the whole crowd was pretty much standing still during Hurricane. Blood On The Sand and Stay With Me got a lot of positive reception though. I wasn't paying attention to the crowd for The Long Defeat, Black Honey, and Death From Above though.

9. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Where were you in the venue? It seemed like everyone around me went nuts the whole show.

10. Deathco_019

Drummer

I was in the back. I forgot about everyone singing along at the end of The Long Defeat though which was very cool.

Heart likes this.
  11. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I guess my experience was different because I was about 3 or 4 "rows" back from center stage. I loved how everyone started singing Artist in the Ambulance too early. There was also more of a pit than I expected during the first half of the show, especially once Silhouette started.

12. Deathco_019

Drummer

Yeah the crowd was super tame for Hurricane, which made it difficult for me to gauge how it was going over, but it lit up for Silhouette obviously. But I feel like practically all the other new songs went over better than Hurricane.

13. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

The line was so ridiculous to get into the Granada show that I missed all but one song in gates' set :( That aside, we had an awesome time. Crowd was really tame, but I'm old so I didn't mind.

14. atlas

Trusted

The crowd seemed generally into Hurricane at Chicago from what I can tell, but yeah, the real fun started at Silhouette. The new songs went over really well, Black Honey was a barrel of fun

15. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Heart and Ken like this.
  16. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves