Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice / La Dispute / Gates Tour • Page 12

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 4, 2016.

1. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

And you didn't get one? That sucks big time. Sorry, man. I am pretty much resigned to my fate now.

2. atlas

Trusted

That's what happens when for some reason they let people buy like 5 at a time on the first days of the tour. Bummer, really would have liked one

teebs41 likes this.
  3. dead_fm

Regular

Well I get in 15 mins before doors open tonight and I'm heading straight to the merch table. I'll report back on it.

4. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Oh no I got one, and then a bartender was nice enough to hold onto it for me so i could enjoy the show without worrying about it. I was just saying if they did limit it to a few every show then you should get there really early. People were trying to buy mine from me as I was leaving the venue.

teebs41 likes this.
  5. Treading Paper is actually the #1 song I'd request to see

coleslawed likes this.
  6. dead_fm

Regular

Milly live two days before my birthday a few years ago. It was amazing to see live.

johnnyferris likes this.
  7. dead_fm

Regular

The vinyl isn't sold out. Just bought mine.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  8. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

It just sells out of what they've put aside for each night.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

won tickets for tomorrow but don't think i have the time...we'll see.

10. Kevin360

The tour variant is the prettiest.

himynameisdakota likes this.
  11. dead_fm

Regular

Dustin said that they had just gotten more boxes of tour vinyl shipped to the norva today. They may have been sold out previously.

scottlechowicz and Kevin360 like this.
  12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Excited for Thrice/La Dispute part 2016 part 2 in the fall!

13. zacooper

Regular

New Fall tour announced. Up for pre-sale now! thrice.shofetti.com

[​IMG]

Ken likes this.
  14. zacooper

Regular

Dude I love that Park Ave poster. Better than the Fingerprints one IMO

Kevin360 likes this.
  15. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I hope tickets will still be available come August because I cannot afford to spend extra money right now.

16. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

YES!!! OCTOBER 2nd AT GAS MONKEY!!!

17. Kevin360

Really bummed not to see any Florida dates on there.

himynameisdakota likes this.
  18. GiantBomb

Anyone going to the NYC date tomorrow? If you see a guy in a leg air cast and crutches, come say hi!

19. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I'll be there!

GiantBomb likes this.
  20. bennjeff

Regular

Yeah I was bummed to see that they aren't coming to central NC on this newest run, but it seems that the fall tour is just so that they can hit markets that they missed on this first run. I think it's why they are taking La Dispute out again so soon.

21. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Video I shot of Blood On The Sand tonight:

BKO5950505 and teebs41 like this.
  22. Heart Jun 16, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 16, 2016)
    Heart

Set spoilers/discussion...

Can we get some appreciation/discussion of the set list going? It was pretty tremendous, from the TBEITBN tracks to the older, never-played-live stuff. Wood & Wire in particular kicked ass last night at the Fillmore in Silver Spring and really benefited from the live treatment, even with some idiot trying to crowd surf during the first verse. The Sky is Falling, Backdraft, and In Years to Come were a *load* of fun to hear too and sounded surprisingly natural despite being sorta off the wall picks. They played Stay With Me rather than Treading Paper, which is fair but it would've been nice to have both. Really left me excited to hear The Window and Whistleblower on future tours.

DK and crew just looked elated throughout the set - probably a combination of the excellent welcome back vibes + their new, shortened touring schedule, and the performance was better than ever as a result.

Gates also put on a great opening set. La Dispute was La Dispute.

23. cwhit

the crowd fucking blew last night, lol.

24. Heart

Yeah, it really seemed half and half. Enough fans to make the singalongs worthwhile, but then some amateur shit like crowd surfing during W&W, hand claps falling completely off rhythm within the first 10 seconds of Earth Will Shake... goodness gracious. Still better than a couple of their past shows though.

25. cwhit

assuming you went to the farewell tour at howard theatre? the metalhead AAL fans almost ruined that show, haha