Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice / La Dispute / Gates Tour • Page 11

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Yup. I Am Nightmare. Pregnant wife.

2. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Yup lol. I'm sorry there was more room on the bench for you to sit down. I should have moved over more. I'm on vacation right now with my mom and brought her to her first Thrice experience lol

3. I almost drove from Tennessee to Atlanta for the show. I was super bummed to see that "Treading Paper" wasn't played at that show, but almost more bummed to see that I missed my chance to see "Stay with Me." Oh well. Next year, haha. I'm glad the sermons went well!

4. Deathco_019

Drummer

What did she think? Please tell me she was ready to throw down in the pit for that encore set.

5. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Hahahaha! Only the acoustic set at Park Ave for her. She really enjoyed it because it was her first "real" live concert experience

6. Deathco_019

Drummer

Well shit haha. Glad she enjoyed it though!

7. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

If anyone is in Charlotte at the show already, can you post set times for bands? Trying to see how late I can get to the venue for Thrice.

8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

That's what I did. Except barely in Tennessee (Chattanooga).

9. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Haha. No worries.

When you talked to me about my shirt, I meant to strike up further conversation, but something (no memory of what) distracted me.

Was a pleasure hanging at the bench!

10. Still counts! haha. I'm in Nashville. I live right off 24, so I see a sign for Chatta everyday.

airik625 likes this.
  11. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Doesn't help much, but I do know they played Shiver.

12. Deathco_019

Drummer

I love Shiver, so this is very helpful haha

Garrett L. likes this.
  13. jakeryandesigns

It's hard to remember because I loved every band so much but I think it was this:

The thing that would save you
    Habit
    Low
    Eyes
    Persist In delusion
    Shiver
    Not My Blood

I may have them slightly out of order, but I'm pretty sure this is it.

14. jakeryandesigns

Also, Jesus Christ Thrice's setlist. Went to the Charlotte date tonight and other than people not shutting the fuck up during La Disputes set, it was a perfect show. All three bands were incredible.

Both La Dispute and Thrice spoke about the tragic events of the day, and all three bands spoke about lbgtq issues with the show being in NC. The theme of the night was basically take care of each other and spread love.

It was a hell of a show.

Was pretty bummed they're already out of tour editions of the record though.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  15. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

Managed to grab a tour variant in Charlotte tonight. Not sure how many were available in total, or what the count is for the remaining dates.

16. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Got to the show much later than I wanted but caught the majority of Thrice's set. I came in during The Sky Is Falling. I was not happy with amount of 30+ year old dudes pushing people for no reason and acting like I had no idea what I was doing being involved in a pit. Now after the reading the comments above, I am curious as to whether or not the whole discussions about NC and HB2 and the Orlando tragedy maybe had people in the crowd attempting to more careful but at times it was a little unnerving. Regardless, really great to see the band back together live.

17. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I'm with you there. I'm, not saying thats what he said, but it sure sounded like it more so than on the album.

Also a quick pic of mine from the Atlanta date:

18. Davjs

Trusted

Was watching a bunch of videos from the tour trying to find Stay with Me and was surprised how good Treading Paper sounds live. Goes to show even a song no one would request makes a great live song in Thrice's hands :-)

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  19. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

In Atlanta, they played:

The Thing That Would Save You
    Habit
    Low
    Shiver
    Eyes
    Not My Blood

In that order. Really hope to see them play a longer set soon, they sounded incredible.

20. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I'm into this kind of stuff, so maybe y'all will like it too, but I made a playlist of the Atlanta setlist so I can become familiar with the songs I didn't know as well. Thought I'd share it with y'all:

Heart likes this.
  21. dead_fm

Regular

They were out by the time you got there? Or were they totally out of stock from the start? If they've sold completely out this fast im gonna be so bummed out.

22. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Any further word on this?

23. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Dustin said in Orlando they had sold out of the tour pressing, but I guess they found more since someone got one in Charlotte or they were limiting the amount sold per day

24. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

If they are sold out entirely, that will be disappointing, to say the least. Especially considering the reports of people buying upwards of 5 copies.

How hard is it to look and say "we have x amount of tour dates and y amount of limited pressings, so we can only say z amount at each show to ensure availability at all dates."

Selling out after playing only 8 shows when your tour is set to last 19 dates is pretty crappy merch management.

But alas, such is life.

25. Darth Annihilus

Regular

I got there super early and went directly to merch when doors opened because I didn't want to miss out on the vinyl.