Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice - Horizons/East (September 17 digital, October 8 physical) Album • Page 62

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kmil, Jul 20, 2021.

1. shea

RIP Supporter

Lol if there were any known news on the next Thrice project it would absolutely and immediately be posted here or in a new thread.

Phantoms, coleslawed, Cameron and 2 others like this.
  2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Doesn’t mean I would have absolutely seen it or or someone doesn’t know something that’s not posted on socials.

3. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Really really digging the b sides and the acoustic version of summer. Been getting a lot of play on morning dog walks.

ryan murphy and .K. like this.
  4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

These additional tracks/bsides and acoustics definitely added something to the H/E era. Wonder if there will be more. Feels like each release or announcement just happened with no expectations

5. Ricky's Law

This is a damn fine cup of coffee.

The consensus belief is that the secret project is TAITA (Thrice's Version) for the 20th anniversary.

6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Well they have said that in hindsight the didn’t love the album production. Thanks for the helpful answer

7. Badtasteinmusic

Regular

That would be so cool.

.K. likes this.
  8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Ive been expecting alt versions of existing songs for a long time, but reworking AITA seems likely enough.

9. Badtasteinmusic

Regular

reworked... OR... just straight up rerecorded as bangers with modern production!

.K. likes this.
  10. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

This band is long past its prime. They will never recreate anything half as good as The Alchemy Index.

11. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

hey everyone I found the worst post on the site

12. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Big ooof

Madmod, Cameron, Phantoms and 3 others like this.
  13. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Alchemy isn’t even my top three Thrice projects. But go off.

14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Alchemy Index is four very different sounding eps covering the widest range of Thrice sounds.

Seems unreasonable to think every 10 track album that follows would have to match the expanse of those Eps. The Alchemy Index eps are super cool and the most artistic project from the band.

15. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

They haven’t released anything that outdoes beggars…but I’ve sure enjoyed a lot of the output. That’s just gonna be really hard to top

.K. and Anthony Brooks like this.
  16. Ricky's Law

For what it's worth, I know a few people in real life who think To Be Everywhere is their best record. All that matters to me is that I still care about them. Lots of bands from that era haven't aged nearly as well.

Phantoms, .K. and Anthony Brooks like this.
  17. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Beggars and Vheissu are top of the class for me, and I think TBE and Air EP are right up there too. Every album (except Identity Crisis) has something that I hold in high value on a Thrice fan.

18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think it's crazy to argue that Alchemy Index was their magnum opus.

I'm still a pretty big fan of everything this band has ever released, but I do feel that the post-hiatus records haven't quite reached the highs of their earlier material. Could just be nostalgia too though.

That being said, I'd never look at this band as "past their prime". One of the reasons their in my top 5 bands ever is because of the evolution of their sound and their ability to keep me interested for 20+ years with each new release.

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

See this band live and say “they’re past their prime”. Still bringing it

20. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Dustin's voice has improved so much the past few years older tracks have this new mammoth quality to them

21. Ricky's Law

22. ryan murphy

Regular Supporter

Pretty sure there will be an anniversary tour. Not sure on the reworked/remaster version of TAITA, but that would be neat.