Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice - Horizons/East (September 17 digital, October 8 physical) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kmil, Jul 20, 2021.

1. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Plus Thrice has gotten some radio play over the recent years - Black Honey, Hurricane, The Grey, and Hold Up A Light all charted on Billboard's Modern Rock chart between 10 and 30. Even if it's just getting released to Octane on Sirius (or whatever the appropriate avenue for Thrice is on there - I'm so out of the loop on these things), having a radio edit makes complete sense when we're talking about a five minute song.

2. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

It's a good song, I just don't think it's a good radio song, even edited for length.

3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

But the album may not have a “standard single feeling song”. So, as a fan of Thrice albums, it’s cool to see they made a video and cool to hear a song to get a sense of the next record. My only hope with a single is that it generates revenue for the band and label to keep Thrice making music for a long time.

Elder Lightning likes this.
  4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

having not heard the rest of the album i think its a fine choice for a single tbh

5. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Kinda getting back into major / minor. This single has really got me doing a catalog deep dive.
    The guitars on this album kinda bang.

waking season likes this.
  6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

major minor has aged really well tbh

7. Tomozaurus

Regular

I just did a Beggars re-visit when the single came out, might pop on Major / Minor now too

8. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

Oh ok, I was only questioning the point of having a radio edit video instead of the barely larger full song.
    Anyways, it was just a rant, thanks for taking the time to reply.

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Really hope the TA San Fran show doesn’t get cancelled

10. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Oh damn an album thread, nice

11. wood&wire

just one of those ghosts

If this is an album with no clear "radio single" then it might just be the return I've been waiting for since M/m. Scavengers absolutely has my hopes up.

.K. likes this.
  12. Cmoney86

Trusted

Robot Soft Exorcism is the next single out on the 11th supposedly

13. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

NOT LISTENING

NOT LISTENING

probably

.K. and SeeTheLights like this.
  14. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

i haven’t done it in a long time (or ever) but I think I’m gonna try to go in with just listening to Scavengers and listen to the record in full without listening to any other pre release songs or leaks

15. Kevin360

Every time I've been able to, this has always been a huge benefit to the album experience.

I listened to Scavengers once, and refuse to ruin the album by overplaying the singles. No matter how great a single is, it always takes me a long time to appreciate it in the context of the album. I LOVE Bed Head on TMMOG, and felt a vague urge to skip it on many of my first spins the album.

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

yeah the worst thing that can happen when a new album drops is you skipping through 2 or 3 tracks because you've already worn them out for the previous 3-4 months.

17. Kmil

Trusted

So curious what this song is like just going by the title.

.K. and Cmoney86 like this.
  18. Kevin360

This is also why I've only listened to Speak with the Dead (3 times) and Go Down Together (1 time) when they dropped any haven't listened to them since.

I like when a whole album drops out of nowhere, but I know that's not feasible marketing for 99.9% of artists.

19. Kmil

Trusted

At least this is less than a 2 month gap between first single and the album being out. Heard Scavengers about 5 times, but stopped since then, will hear this new single once and put it to bed.

20. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I listen to the crap out of singles / songs I like and then when the album comes out...I just listen to them again.

21. .K. Aug 6, 2021
    (Last edited: Aug 6, 2021)
    .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It’s nice to have some one on one time with a song (a single), but with album bands its hard because you wanna stay full engaged and not just lot ahead to the next track.

Either way, so excited for new Thrice and Scavengers is a great start.

Kmil likes this.
  22. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

I think cataracts is quickly moving up the list of fav thrice songs.

The older I get the more I like that record.

Hugo G. and Anthony Brooks like this.
  23. Kevin360

Looks like tomorrow is it for the next single.

beachdude and scottlechowicz like this.
  24. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Yuuuuuup and I watched like 5 seconds of the teaser video for it from Facebook and I already hate myself because I was gonns wait until the album lol

beachdude and .K. like this.
  25. Kmil

Trusted

If that teaser is part of the song, looks like it will be something quite different.

beachdude and Anthony Brooks like this.