Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice - Horizons/East (September 17 digital, October 8 physical) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kmil, Jul 20, 2021.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

just breathe is one of their best songs

2. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Just Breathe and Blood on Blood are easily still my two favorites from that album

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

The bass lines in Blood on Blood are so good

scottlechowicz likes this.
  4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Scavengers actually reminds me a bit of sainthood reps

5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Scavengers doesn’t feel like single and to me and that’s a promising indication of the album to come.

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

True

7. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like the Scavengers music video is coming tomorrow per Instagram

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

The more I listen to this single the more I love it and am allowing myself to be excited for the album. yes, I’m one of the people that was let down by palms tremendously. this sounds fantastic comparatively

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

was gonna say the more I listen, the more I’m hearing shades of Vheissu, the alchemy index, and beggars from different aspects of the song.

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'm surprised by this only because it feels like a natural progression from Palms to me

11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I mean they can progress from something I don’t like much into something I do like, that’s what makes it a progression

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This is how I feel, but I think this sounds like palms, but good

13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

see above, i def see how its a progression from palms

14. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I hear some Vheissu in some of the spacey-er guitar tones. Obviously beggars in a lot of it too

waking season and sophos34 like this.
  15. Tyler

Regular Supporter

16. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Video fucks, make me even more into the song with Dustin's emoting.

17. Jackbo487

Regular

my friend was one of the fans picked as extras for the video and he ended up being the dude in the mask who disappears from the porch at the very end after staring at the couple

18. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Very Eyes Wide Shut.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Also, Dustin loves the dark vs light concept I enjoy that he does too.

20. kupe

Regular

Cool video, I just can't believe they had to cut that last chorus, might be the best part of the song haha

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  21. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

Cut the bridge in half and the last chorus.
    Fuck radio edits.
    What is even the point in a video in 2021?

T E A L and kupe like this.
  22. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

sophos34 likes this.
  23. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

I fully agree YouTube is extremely important, but I don't understand why the time crunch. I can understand for radio, limited time and attention spans, no visuals.
    What demand is there for a shorter video?
    The algorithm doesn't even take me to other Epitaph songs. And the song is poorer for it.

24. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I discovered Middle Kids this year because of a video. Music video is a tool to get attention on the band, just like getting a couple seconds of a song in a show, or appearing on a radio show or press interview.

The edit for radio is whatever. Fans will listen to the album when it comes out. If some rando clicks on the song maybe this is enough to get them to buy the album. It fine…just cool to see the band get to do a video with a very lyrical concept.

SeeTheLights likes this.
  25. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I was responding to your question about whether a video has a purpose in 2021 and the answer is clearly yes. YouTube is a video/visual medium, which is why artists/labels that don't have proper music videos ready release lyric videos or visualizers.

As to your other point, I'm sure there is plenty of data regarding the ideal length of songs for broad engagement and I am almost certain that keeping the song under 4 minutes (even if just barely) is key.

sophos34 and swboyd like this.