Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice/Circa Survive/Chon/Balance and Composure - Fall Tour Tour • Page 18

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Taco-King, Jul 25, 2017.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

bands don't need a reason. they can do what they want to do

they seem bored with this style of music, they had that bad van accident which i'm sure makes touring hard, maybe they want to just do something else. who knows?

2. musicfan10

Trusted

I don’t think Jon is bored with the rock music! It sounded like he is sad about it! I wish they would rethink this

3. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

He seemed 100% bored when I saw them last week

4. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

He seemed 100% into it when I saw them in Detroit.

I think the band just needs to be done. I don’t know why, and I don’t need to know why. I’m disappointed, but this is clearly what they need to do. They wouldn’t be breaking up if it wasn’t necessary.

trevorshmevor and yeahrightdude like this.
  5. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

They'll come back in five years and be big

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  6. atlas

Trusted

i wouldn't be surprised if Jon is the only member of the band that keeps doing music

7. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

He's said before on a podcast that it's Bailey, the drummer, who has been the driving force in keeping the band together and touring. I wouldn't be surprised if he is back on the road in the near future. I know a couple of the members haven't been on their last few tours.

8. atlas

Trusted

huh, I didn't know that. Bailey's a pretty mysterious guy, don't know anything about him other than he plays drums for the band and chokes very high up on his sticks lol

9. musicfan10

Trusted

I saw them with 2 members missing. They don’t need to be done, they were just getting going. Bailey may have been the heart and soul, but Jon is sad it’s ending. It’s awful news guys

10. musicfan10

Trusted

guess no one else cares

11. Davjs

Trusted

You are correct.

Skoke, swboyd, Chuck! and 1 other person like this.
  12. musicfan10

Trusted

13. My man. You've got to understand that you've been acting a little absurdly over all this. The people in this band aren't even out of their 20's yet and still have a lot of life to live. It's not up to their fanbase to determine their future, they can do what they want to and that's okay -- I'm sure they're all bummed that the biggest part of their life for the last 10 years will now be missing, but continuing on is clearly not what they feel is best for them at this juncture. If any of them did, they'd keep it going.

This band meant a lot to you, me, and a whole lot of other people. The most that we can do for them is respect their decision to do other things with their own lives. I'm sure this decision did not come easily for them, and we're in no position to criticize them for it. I am not saying this is your intention but I'm just giving you a friendly heads up that it's what your posts in every thread related to them are beginning to look like, and why you're getting some snark from this community right now.

14. musicfan10

Trusted

I understand. It’s just been tough for me. This band has gotten me through a lot. I’m gonna miss them :(

suicidesaints likes this.
  15. TMS2787

Trusted

They’ll come back in five years and be Internet big and play to half-capacity venues. Lol. That seems to be the norm lately.

swboyd likes this.
  16. musicfan10

Trusted

What does internet big mean?

17. TMS2787

Trusted

Just like Thursday… everyone was so excited on the internet that they reunited. They got back together, toured and the tour didn’t pull well. It’s cool to act like you care online but people don’t show up. Thursday isn’t the only band like this.

18. musicfan10

Trusted

Are there any other bands similar to balance and composure I can check out?

19. trevorshmevor Dec 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 20, 2017)
    Teenage Wrist

Safe To Say

Citizen

bachna84 likes this.
  20. musicfan10

Trusted

Anyone know if Jon ever responds to fans through twitter or Facebook?

21. musicfan10

Trusted

Would love to hear some fellow fans discuss how they discovered balance and composure and became fans.

I knew nothing about this band until I saw them open for one of my favorite bands, Coheed and Cambria. The first song I ever heard from them was Reflection, and I had to check out more of their material. They were touring for the things I think we're missing. I was blown away by their melody and riffs, not to mention lyrics that touch straight to the heart. Their live performance that night was one for the ages, but it definitely was a different vibe.

After the show, I went and got their first album separation. No words can describe how great it is. More to Me and I tore you apart in my head are still 2 of the best songs I've heard in the past 20 years. By this point they had me as a lifelong hardcore fan.

I was fortunate enough to watch them do a headlining tour for light we made. They seemed in good spirits, but should have knows the end was coming when 2 of the original band members weren't their with them. Jon seemed so into it though. I'm hoping they can do a live dvd of their last show or at least change their mind and do a full scale farewell tour. I know a lot of fans around the country are hoping for the same.

22. TMS2787

Trusted

OMFG.

Skoke, suicidesaints and bachna84 like this.
  23. musicfan10

Trusted

New merchbavaulable maybe they not disbanding

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  24. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

They're disbanding.

swboyd, Skoke, bachna84 and 1 other person like this.
  25. TMS2787

Trusted

Wow. Just wow.