Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice/Circa Survive/Chon/Balance and Composure - Fall Tour Tour • Page 15

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Taco-King, Jul 25, 2017.

1. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

This show was so fun.

B&C was really cool. This was my third time seeing them. Jon has never been the best live vocalist, but they put on entertaining set, and his dancing during Postcard warmed my heart. I loved hearing some Light We Made stuff.

CHON was actually pretty cool. I saw them with Circa and B&C before. They are pretty undeniable just from a technical, musicianship standpoint. I was expecting to get tired of them pretty quickly, but they held my attention and put on a good set.

I'm really glad I got to see Thrice. They are an incredibly solid live band. And they are HEAVY live. I've really enjoyed Thrice's music for a few years now, but their set made me want to dig even deeper into the band. Dustin is a powerhouse of a vocalist. Even my girlfriend, who was tired, sick, and not a fan of them beforehand really enjoyed their set.

Circa Survive, as always, is incredible. I could watch them play every single night and never get tired of it. The crowd went OFF, too. I was up in the balcony, but it was almost a little shocking to see the difference in energy between Thrice's crowd and Circa's. I thought the setlist was cool. It was a nice balance between stuff they played over the summer, stuff from The Amulet, and some songs they haven't played at all this year. They are easily my favorite band. I feel so lucky to have been able to see them 4 times this year. Holy shit.

I'd also absolutely recommend the VIP experience to anyone who may be on the fence. It was well worth it. Anthony is just as weird in person as he is onstage.

2. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

It's funny how regions work because while the crowd loved Circa in LA there was no way it matched the intensity for Thrice

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  3. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

From my vantage point the crowds were equally into thrice and Circa last night. If anything it seemed to be less crowded around me for Circa

4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Crowd was more into it at my show (in Montreal) for Thrice than Circa.

5. atlas

Trusted

This is on Thursday for me. Chicago always seems to be getting the ends of tours these days

6. musicfan10

Trusted

Guys, what is going on with Balance and Composure ? Ive been out of the loop. Are they really
    disbanding like I see some people saying. I saw them last year and they were unbelievable and
    are one of my favorite bands. Can someone please give some insight on this. thanks

7. Chuck!

Regular

I think it's all speculation at this point. No matter one's opinion of Light We Made, it's fair to say they've lost some steam.

8. atlas

Trusted

People are just speculating. They've lost a couple of members at the start of the year (at least when it comes to touring), Jon is doing his own hip hop thing now, their touring has been reduced, they always seem like they could break up at any moment anyways

9. musicfan10

Trusted

I hate to hear that. I was hoping they were in it for the long haul. What I don't get on this tour
    is why not try to attract some new fans with some hard hitting rock songs ??? Why don't they play
    any of these :

Parachutes
    Lost your name
    Notice Me
    Reflection

And I can not figure out why they don't ever play MORE to Me. That is quite possible their best song!
    Am I the only one who thinks they should be playing some if not all of these songs as an opener?
    I love midnight zone, but you got to play to the crowd as well

10. kupe

Regular

As someone who never listened to BalCo prior to this tour, my friends and I walked in just as BalCo got up on stage and they played Midnight Zone. We were all completely blown away by that song. It's amazing

11. musicfan10

Trusted

I agree its an amazing song. But go look up More to Me and tell me how freaking good that song is . Please

12. They used to play More To Me all the time. They stopped because it's not a sound that they want to represent them anymore. They played Reflection on every tour from its release up until this one. Jon sounds really bad live on those other ones you mentioned.

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The only thing I'm surprised by is that they always play When I Come Undone (so boring) and never play Quake anymore

bachna84 likes this.
  14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

new balance is so much better than old balance

15. I mean I think they're at the point where, assuming they stay a band, they won't ever write stuff like that again. Playing that stuff to a new audience would be a little disingenuous and would also likely create the expectation for more of it, which negatively impacts them.

natefoundglory and Ryan Garner like this.
  16. musicfan10

Trusted

Ive heard a lot of those songs listed before Live and I thought he did great on them. I don't know, it just
    seems like they are wanting these softer songs to go over well, and its just not happening. I love the new
    sound, I just think its it taking away from the overall energy and feel of the show. Dont't you think this 7 song set on this
    tour would kill ?

Midnight Zone
    Parachutes
    Lost your Name
    Spinning
    Quake
    Reflection
    I tore you apart in me head

17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I really liked hearing the new stuff live, especially Midnight Zone and Postcard. Would love to see Fame, Call It Losing Touch, and Is It So Much to Adore live at some point.

18. Yeah I'm sure that set would be just fine, despite our differing opinions of Jon's voice on the heavier tracks. But it's not a good representation of the band at this point or in any potential future. So why put out that image? Not to mention they just don't really seem to enjoy playing that stuff anymore -- they get visibly bummed out when mosh pits break out during their set.

19. cwhit

i'm stunned fame isn't a set staple at this point

Ryan Garner likes this.
  20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Fame is great

21. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Fame and all 3 of the Light We Made b-sides deserve be set staples (At least one of those b-sides should get more love). They're some of the best stuff out of this phase of B&C.

22. musicfan10

Trusted

No doubt Body Language should be in every set. How that song didn't make the record i don't know.
    This band should be so much bigger than they are. I really think they could build a huge fan base on this
    tour if they changed that set to something a little harder, with midnight zone and postcard sprinkled in.
    If they break up I am going to be so upset. I love this band and wish more people knew how good they were.

23. cwhit

why should they change their set to highlight music that doesn't represent where they are as a band? that's misleading as hell

24. musicfan10

Trusted

I guess you are right. They should play what they want. I just think some of their older stuff
    would attract more interest from the non fan at these shows. Thrice and circa both bring intense
    sets. I just want them to have as many fans as they can get. I love all 3 albums they have put out,
    I think The Things We Think We are missing is one of the best albums they've ever done.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  25. Yeah I mean, I don't wanna give off the vibe that I don't see where you're coming from. Their heavier songs are definitely engaging in a different way that would undoubtedly appeal to people at a Thrice show, you're not wrong about that. It's just also understandable why they wouldn't want that to be the first impression they offer new listeners