Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice/Circa Survive/Chon/Balance and Composure - Fall Tour Tour • Page 14

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Taco-King, Jul 25, 2017.

1. TMS2787

Trusted

Has Balance & Comspure been going on before 7:00 PM at a lot of the shows? It seems like they have at a few. I’d like to see them on Friday but I don’t know if I want to see them bad enough to sit through Chrone to get to Thrice. I’m still trying to decide what decision to make, lol.

2. atlas

Trusted

if the choice is between seeing Balance or not seeing Balance, the correct answer is always seeing Balance

bachna84 and JaytotheGee like this.
  3. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

they were supposed to go on at 6:45 in Toronto but with CHON not making it through the border they went on at 7 for an extended set

4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'm gonna get there at 6:30 just in case

bachna84 likes this.
  6. MegT585

Trusted

7. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

bachna84 and suicidesaints like this.
  8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

They must've sold some stuff. They seemed to have most sizes available when I ordered a few weeks ago.

9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

No surprise since the prices are so good.

suicidesaints likes this.
  10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

11. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Here too, Why didn’t we all wear our sickass neon blinking chorus hats that don’t exist

suicidesaints likes this.
  12. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Describing myself is “I’m the guy with beard and flannel” doesn’t help in this scenario

suicidesaints and bachna84 like this.
  13. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’m standing next to a handful of bears and flannel. Got a beard myself but no flannel.

Edit: I’m seeing the bears typo but leaving it

suicidesaints and bachna84 like this.
  14. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This is incredible

js977 likes this.
  15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’m not a huge Thrice fan but this is my second time seeing em and they are so good live. Dustin sounded amazing.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  16. TMS2787

Trusted

Not when you don’t really care and when the last time was terrible. Lol.

Ugh. Just so early and your reviews of seeing Chon live have me so turned off. Lol.

17. atlas

Trusted

When was your last time? I know they were kind of hit or miss live in the past but honestly I think they sound as good live these days as they've ever been (which is weird, because now they have touring members). Chon really are not that bad live and they're certainly more palatable for 35 minutes than they are for an hour+.

18. TMS2787 Dec 2, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 2, 2017)
    TMS2787

Trusted

The last time I saw them was Riot Fest 2016. Festival sets aren’t always a good judge of how a band is live but I’ve seen them a few other times live and it is hit or miss - like you said. My big thing I work until 3 and have to pick up my girlfriend, get dinner, etc. I don’t want to rush. Lol. I’m playing it by ear tonight.

19. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Tomorrow :)

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  20. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Same

21. TMS2787

Trusted

Last night was a great time!

I bought a ticket off of a girl on Facebook and due to her not being familiar with the area and getting caught in traffic we walked in as Balance and Composure was about to end their last song. We decided to come in time for them and completely missed them.

I was not feeling Chon… at all. I respect their talent and whatnot but it’s just not for me.

Thrice was great as usual. I haven’t seen them since last year on the TBEITBN headliner so I was excited to get to see them again. It was great to hear “Red Telephone”. After 23 times it’s hard to hear songs you haven’t heard live yet (I’ve been seeming them since they where on The Artit touring cycle). Dustin and the band sounded great!

Circa was a blast. Anthony was a strange and ever and sounded great. The new songs all translated very well live. I’m glad this came to Cleveland and I didn’t have to travel to Detroit for it, which I would have. Lol

bachna84 likes this.
  22. Skoke

Regular

Last night was sweet.

The only band on this bill that I've seen in the past is Circa, so I was ready for surprises. I know it's completely against the grain in this thread, but I wasn't a fan of Balance and Composure at all and I loved Chon. Chon reminded me of Animals as Leaders, only they sounded more jam than metal.

Thrice really surprised me. They held my attention the entire time and everyone sounded solid.

Circa was my personal favorite of the whole night. The crowd was explosive, Anthony was wild, and the music was spot on

bachna84 and js977 like this.
  23. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Thrice fucking did it again. Love their light show. The little touches we really cool like all the colors during the butterfly part of Black Honey and then turning red in the “flung it in the fire” part

js977 likes this.
  24. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Circa was so fun, that was my first time seeing them. But i was checking out their previous set lists and ughh i wish i had gotten to hear flesh and bone.

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this was a great time. It was my third time seeing Thrice but this was the first time they sounded great and blew me away

I've also seen Circa a ton of times but I finally connected with it and thought they were really great as well.

Balance definitely wasn't on top of their game but it's always a treat to see them. Fade was a great surprise in the set

bachna84 likes this.