Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice/Circa Survive/Chon/Balance and Composure - Fall Tour Tour • Page 13

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Taco-King, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

That's what I originally thought but other than Thrice, I can see the other 3 being "alternative" enough to play BS if they could headline and sell it out. Looking at their upcoming schedule, you are right that most of the artists playing there aren't in the same wheelhouse as this tour. Then again, they have SSPU, X Ambassadors, The Darkness, and Franz Ferdinand all scheduled. I think they could've blended this tour in with Circa being the headliner/first name on the bill. I guess it really doesn't matter now haha

2. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Also, did the NYC show magically sell out in the last hour? I could've sworn I went on the website around 2pm and tickets were still available.

3. momo32t

Trusted

B&C setlist from NYC:

Void
    Take Me For A Walk
    Fade
    When I Come Undone
    Midnight Zone
    Tiny Raindrop
    Postcard

4. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

It’s about time Postcard showed up in the set.

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Nice although Midnight Zone seems like a really solid closer

6. DesireToPlease

Regular

Was anyone able to procure set times? Working til 8 tomorrow night and I'm super worried I'm gonna miss Balance.

7. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I think B&C has typically started an hours after doors open. So they probably play at 7

8. DesireToPlease

Regular

Ah, so doors are at 6. What a bummer. :(

9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Balance 645
    Chon 730
    Thrice/circa 830
    Thrice/circa 10

DesireToPlease likes this.
  10. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty bummed at the lack of enthusiasm for Balance and Composure tonight, I thought they put on a good set. Chon is wicked impressive musically but they just sound like mathy elevator music to me haha.

11. DesireToPlease

Regular

So sad I missed Balance. Made sure to grab a shirt though. I hope the rumors of them breaking up after this aren't true.

Ryan Garner likes this.
  12. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

did you happen to see how much circa and thrice merch cost?

13. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

This show was a lot of fun last night. I'm usually right in the middle of the pit but decided to hang back so I could just chill and have a better view of everything. Circa were firing on all cylinders and as good as they've been every time I've seen them. I'm not a huge Thrice fan by any means (In the sense that I just don't listen to them much) and this was my first time seeing them play. I went in without major expectations but they did impress me. Everything sounded really good and I enjoyed how well they incorporated their lighting into each song. I get that Chon are super talented and technical but I was pretty bored during their set mostly because a lot of their songs are just long noodly guitar solos and there's only so much you can do with that before I lose interest. I do wish BalCo got more love though. I love those guys and Jon seems to be having a lot of fun this tour at least. Only getting 6 songs from one of my favorite bands is always a bit of a bummer. Hopefully if the breakup rumors are legit, they come through one last time for some headliners.

Ryan Garner likes this.
  14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

a small philly show for balance just popped up, either a new headlining tour or a last tour/show situation

Mister Lyrical and Ryan Garner like this.
  15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

it's a tenth anniversary show

Chuck! and Ryan Garner like this.
  16. atlas

Trusted

My heart wants to tell me Jon is gonna keep it going. As someone else said he's having a ton of fun up there, dancing and swaying to the music and stuff

Ryan Garner likes this.
  17. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Haven't been to The Church in a good while, place is going to go off.

18. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’m really happy the Alchemy Index suite was four songs in their entirety instead of a medley. The whole time they played Firebreather I expected them to break into something from Water.

bachna84 likes this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

Medley's can be fun sometimes and it's cool when a band can pull off one that flows really well. That being said, I feel like a medley of TAI would sound so jarring changing from song to song lol.

Ryan Garner likes this.
  20. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

That was my fear as well just because of how different each EP is haha.

21. DesireToPlease

Regular

Nah I didn't really check their stuff out but my Balance shirt was $25 if that's anything to go by

estacey99 likes this.
  22. Chuck!

Regular

Thrice's crewneck was 40. I think tees were 25

estacey99 likes this.
  23. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

teebs41 and bachna84 like this.
  24. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I don't need any of that stuff, but dang I want all of it.

teebs41 and suicidesaints like this.
  25. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I have the black honey zip in a size smaller than what I wear because it was the only thing they had at the show. Then of course it was online in every size the next week