Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice/Circa Survive/Chon/Balance and Composure - Fall Tour Tour • Page 12

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Taco-King, Jul 25, 2017.

1. jakeryandesigns

Yeah I honestly thought it was kind of a depressing set.

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

super pumped to go to this show in 2 weeks! Glad I'm hearing Midnight Zone live before B&C breaks up

3. momo32t

Trusted

I find it so bizarre they're closing with Midnight Zone. They've opened with it the past two times I've seen them.

4. Darth Annihilus

Regular

In Miami they played Afterparty as well

JaytotheGee likes this.
  5. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I'm growing concerned about the fact that these setlists have been getting shorter and shorter as the tour goes on...

6. Heart

Agreed. Thrice did not play Circles last night which was a huge bummer... other than the TAI suite, that was the one I was most looking forward to (they play it so infrequently).

Amazing set otherwise though, and they genuinely played better/more note-perfect than any other time I've seen them in the last 3-4 years. (and their standard was already pretty high)

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  7. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Sets have been getting shorter.

They didn’t play a single song from Beggars at my show. That’s my favorite album. I was quite bummed about it.

Still a great show, but it just felt like the whole show and all the sets were rushed.

8. Heart

Yeah, and Red Telephone was neat but doesn't make up for cutting the other Beggars material. Also no Major/minor tracks this tour, which is a bit of a shame.

9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

No M/M songs is fine, but no Beggars songs is a crime

Anthony Brooks and bachna84 like this.
  10. Davjs

Trusted

I dunno, I'd rather hear Yellow Belly and Promises over anything on Beggars live, expect maybe All The World is Mad.

I know that is not a popular take.

11. momo32t

Trusted

Balance & Composure just tweeted that they go on at 6:58 tonight

JaytotheGee likes this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lol fuck that, sorry guys.
    i'll be there but likely just in time for circa/thrice

13. They went on at 6 at my date, thankfully it was on a Sunday so I didn't have to like rush from work or anything

14. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Doesn't help that there's 2 Starland shows with a "fake sell out" for one of them. Now both of those shows you can get $10 off by bringing a can of food to the box office. The problem is, all of those bands played multiple headlining sets within the past 2 years in the NYC/NJ area. Also, Terminal 5 is a hassle with location and security so that doesn't help matters. I think Brooklyn Steel would've been the best place for this show in my opinion. It's an 1800 cap but with Starland shows knocking out most of the NJ audience, I think they could've sold this out easily.

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

BS doesn't book shows of that sort of band, it'd be surprising. bowery puts all those shows at T5 instead

16. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Sooo.. they're not playing?

17. momo32t

Trusted

Is that because the doors say 7? I've seen conflicting reports whether the doors open at 6 or 7.

18. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

You guys haven't been getting Blur on your sets? They played that in LA

scottlechowicz likes this.
  19. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I've seen Blur on setlist.fm for some dates, but not on others. It looks like they're playing 15, 16 and 17 song sets and the shorter sets seem to typically have Blur and Circles cut from them.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  20. St. Nate

Yeah doors say 7. At least I'm pretty sure they do.

I wasn't sure if it was a tongue and cheek thing like... guys we got booted off! That sucskssss!

21. momo32t

Trusted

I'm still hearing 6. I'll risk hanging around for an extra hour if it means missing BALCO.

22. St. Nate

Well I'm happy they're starting early cause I gotta go back to Jersey. But yeahhhh not too fond of that band so everything is fine with me..

23. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

T5 website says doors 6 show 7 so...

24. momo32t

Trusted

You think were looking at a 11ish end time as opposed to 12?

25. St. Nate

Yup! Good for me!