Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice Begin Tracking New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

Elder Lightning likes this.
  3. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

cautiously excited (last album was a rough one imo)

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  4. Man, I thought I was alone. That last one really didn't do anything for me.

5. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure where I'd put Palms but it has some absolute gems ("Beyond the Pines").

ramomcferno, Hugo G. and .K. like this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

personally, i am thrilled.

Orla and scottlechowicz like this.
  7. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Nice. Thought the last two records were simply fine, but this band's output from 2002-2011 has ensured I'll always check out whatever they do.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere is top notch Thrice to me. I get that Palms didn’t hit as hard, but Beyond the Pines was great. Palms felt a little runner up to to TBEITBN, but mixed with Deeper Wells I found I enjoyed it. Just not as much as some previous work.

Love this band an will always enjoy getting new music from them.

Orla likes this.
  9. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I get why Palms is hated on and tbh, it's probably their weakest release. HOWEVER, it is a grower and does have some fantastic songs.

10. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Wow, Palms was maybe a little rough around the edges songwriting-wise, but I don't understand the hate - it was still amazing in my opinion, especially the middle section, the Emma Ruth Rundle feat, the upright bass, all just spot on! Definitely excited for whatever's next!

Chase Tremaine and .K. like this.
  11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Palms was a very good album with a few throwaways

Bartek T. likes this.
  12. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I was probably a little harsh saying it was "rough." But compared to the rest of their catalog, for me anyway, it's their worst

Bartek T. likes this.
  13. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I feel liked hated feels extreme, but that’s just me. Just not as strong. And I get not ranking it so high because of the strength of their discography.

Bartek T. likes this.
  14. this

Orla likes this.
  15. i agree about the middle section. When I return to Palms, it’s mostly for track 4-7. But I’m also with @bmir14 in that Palms ranks last on my Thrice album ranking

Bartek T. and bmir14 like this.
  16. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Yeah, I think I get it, though the last in the the rankings for such an amazing discography is still awesome, I guess. For me personally I think it would be my least liked post-Vheissu album, where I think I actually count that as two different erars for the band. Maybe the post-hiatus albums should also count as a 3rd part.

17. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Palms is fantastic. Haters gonna hate.