Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice – To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 26, 2016.

1. kyleadams

formerly thisisalchemy Prestigious

Start to finish, pure excellence. Stands up next to Vheissu.

2. You've heard it already too? Boooooo. Come say hi at Guitar Center sometime soon!

3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I agree Aaron, it does come off a bit defensive. I think you over emphasized that point a bit. Pretty good review nonetheless.

4. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Hell yes. I got notified my copy shipped yesterday. I couldn't be more excited about tomorrow.

While Major/Minor in definitely not a bad album, it might be my least favorite release from these guys if I had to choose. I agree with the commentary above and in the review about Beggars being monumental.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. Defensive of...the band? That's what I'm trying to figure out

6. Beholdtheriver

Regular

I agree! I love Major/Minor. I guess I'm in the minority, but my first Thrice exposure (besides hearing singles on video game soundtracks) was the Alchemy Index. I like Vheissu and ahead, plus some songs here and there from the older albums.

Either way, I really like what I've heard from this album so far. "Death From Above" reminds me a lot of "Daedalus"!

7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I think what they're saying is that you spent a lot of time talking about how people are going to react to the album. And don't get me wrong, you spent a lot more time talking about the album itself, but it came off to me as if you're preparing for this to be the album that divides Thrice fans. Which gets me excited to hear it, so good job!

But M/M lackluster? Do you at least like the last two tracks?

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. Yeah, that was pretty much my intention though haha. Maybe it's just a difference of opinion in voice and style then?

Major/Minor isn't a bad album, per say, but I almost never return to it, and when I do, I get bored about halfway through. I like "Promises," "Blinded," "Listen Through Me," and the last two tracks enough, but I'd be hard-pressed to remember how any of the midsection tracks go

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Minus "Call it in the Air", "Yellow Belly", Anthology", and "Promises"- it's pretty whatever.

Not a bad album, just not too memorable for me.

10. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Defensive of their sound being more mainstream radio rock friendly (i don't like that title either). I just thought you mentioned that aspect of the record a little excessively.

11. Eh, I had a short paragraph dedicated to it but I thought it was relevant because of how much it was brought up by fans prior to release.

12. :chin:

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

M/M is soooo good. It's an incredible rock record and I don't think there's a single track I skip. Yellow Belly, Call It in the Air, and Blur till the end are all pretty sick tracks. The album as a whole is pretty engrossing and it's not even really atmospheric. To each his own, I guess.

To bring it back on topic tho, I haven't heard the album yet and I'll check it out when I can stream it with no distractions and headphones. I didn't like the two singles as much but I've got faith. I like Beggars and the Alchemy Index best so hopefully this is up my alley

14. RiseAgainst379

Regular

Point out to me please where Nickelback has ever released a song that sounds remotely like Death From Above.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  15. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

M/M is my favorite Thrice record.

This one really gives me Beggars vibes -- which like that album, is going to take a few listens to really fall in love with.

16. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Explain yourself.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Great review! I agree that this seems like a follow up to Beggars. I have been spinning this nonstop since yesterday. We'll see if it surpasses MM for me.

18. Thanks!

19. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Granted, I've only listened to TBEITBN 4 times completely but I love it and can see it being one of my favorites of the year. I can't wait to pick up a physical copy tomorrow. -- Great review by the way!

princexero and Aaron Mook like this.
  20. SweetThye

@sweetthye

So ready to hear this

21. Chuck!

Regular

1. Good review

2. I love M/M so much

3. Can't wait to hear this tomorrow!

Aaron Mook likes this.
  22. Dannynat88

M/m is so under appreciated. Blur is amazing. I don't understand how any Thrice fan could not appreciate it. It is quintessential Thrice. Time sig changes, that Vheissu esque bridge, an awesome chorus melody. Its HEAVY!. The song itself incapsulates the feeling of a "blur" so well with the juxtaposition of the unsettling pre-chorus leading to the smooth groovy chorus.......I digress... anyway really looking forward to this album tomorrow and nice review although I only read the first and last paragraphs in avoidance of spoilers. Will re-read tomorrow.

23. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Nice review, even though Major/Minor is my second favorite Thrice album after Vheissu. Can't wait to hear this one! I'll be blasting it through my headphones as soon as it becomes available on Apple Music.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Lol fuck the haters! Album absolutely rules. Can't wait until my vinyl comes in. I really hope they get a little more mainstream success given this record is probably more accessible than some of their previous records (from a mainstream perspective). God knows they deserve it! What an amazing year for music. I am going to put this album, Gore, and Along the Shadow into a playlist and have it be my gym playlist for the summer.

25. bloodinthesand

Regular

I have never listened to an album one time and called it my album of the year....The flow of this album is just perfect...Not one flaw....Amazing

DejaMoi and Ska Senanake like this.