Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice – “Scavengers” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Thrice have released a video for “Scavengers.”

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. cool video. great song. maybe I've lost count, but I think this is the first video since "Image of the Invisible" that actually tells a story AND features the band playing the song

Bartek T. and thechetearly like this.
  3. brandon

Regular Prestigious

Not sure if it's because of the video, but I dug this song a lot more on the second listen compared to the first

.K. likes this.
  4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I think that’s common. First listen you catch your bearings, second and subsequent listens you are able to digest and appreciate the song more.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  5. Ska Senanake

Trusted

It really is a good song. Has some vibes from Beggars and Major/minor with the guitar tone.

Chase Tremaine, SuNDaYSTaR and .K. like this.
  6. MikeERayner

Trusted

It’s at least the first video since Promises that has them IN the video, apart from Dustin driving a car in Black Honey. Videos for the last two albums have been odd in that sense.

Chase Tremaine and Bartek T. like this.
  7. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I know it's not that surprising coming from them, but I think it's pretty solid to release an album's lead single with a chorus in 7/4.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  8. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That's exactly what I said to my friends calling that song "safe" ;d though given the sound, which is a bit heavier, it doesn't concern any radio type of stuff anyways, and to be honest that odd meter is quite smooth here on top of that.

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  9. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

To me it almost parallels The Window where they somehow managed to seamlessly use the same riff to go from 7/4 in the verses to 4/4 in the chorus.

Bartek T. likes this.
  10. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Exactly! Sometimes it even takes me a few listens before I catch it there with those tricks hahh.

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.