Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Three Members Leave Handguns

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Brandon, Kyle, and CJ have left Handguns. A statement from the band can be read below.

We want to start off by saying how appreciative we are of every chance we got over the past almost 5 years now. We’ve had the privilege of traveling the world and connecting with amazing people the entire time. Whether it be at the shows, the places we’ve crashed or the people we’ve been lucky enough to have work for our band, it’s all been an honor and the times of our lives that we’ll surely never forget.

This band has never been known for … shall we say “functioning normally” but we found the core of the band, Taylor, Brandon, Kyle and CJ managed to create two records we can all say we’re very proud of and toured with bands that influenced us to play music in the first place as well as sell out headline shows on our own merit. We owe that to every single one of you that bought tickets to see us, bought our records or merch, or just spread the good word about Handguns.

That’s why we regret to inform you that we, Brandon, Kyle, and CJ will no longer be performing with or writing with Handguns. This doesn’t come easy for us and we’ll miss seeing everyone at the shows. The band has decided to continue on as a reimagining of the old lineup, Taylor included. We hope everyone enjoys this new lineup if you’ve never seen Handguns without it, they’ll be announcing shows coming up so feel free to go check it out.

All that being said, thank you all once more for everything you’ve made possible for three dudes who would have never in a million years thought they’d travel to Japan to play music, or record a record in North Hollywood or even just pull off a full U.S. tour. The hard work, blood, missed weddings and funerals were all made worth it knowing that we took advantage of these opportunities and continued to make records that people understood and connected with.

All of this being said, we’re currently writing for a release with a new band together. If this seems like something you’d like to keep an eye on – fuck yeah! We’ll let you know when we have more info for you. Until then – take care of yourselves and we’ll see you all soon!

Brandon, Kyle, and CJ

2. shawnhyphenray

Regular

This kinda sucks. Their last album means a lot to me and was the only one I really fully got into and one of my favorite pop-punk albums, and I feel without these three it'll be different again. Hopefully they'll still be playing these songs live

3. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Now that's an understatement.

For what it's worth, I did actually enjoy Don't Bite Your Tongue although when I revisit it now, it's a little blah.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This statement and this article all make this whole thing seem pretty awkward.

5. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Angst is still a great album imo. Interested to see what both groups come out with next. Hopefully it's less of the same, their brand of pop-punk has only become more tired over the last 5 years.

6. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Wasn’t a big fan of the Disenchanted album outside of a few songs (Self Portrait, Disenchanted, Conjuring my Youth, and Recovery FWIW), and this coming from someone who was really in to all of their previous material. Honestly, they didn’t change much, and while I typically am fine with that (not every band is gonna or wants to reinvent itself for the next album), the newest material just didn’t stand out to me.

I have gone back to Don’t Bite Your Tongue a few times recently, which would seem to be good news for me since the older members are back. Glad Taylor is still the vocalist. Definitely my favorite part of Handguns.

Wish the others the best of luck and will definitely be looking forward to what they come out with.

7. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

How did they function exactly?

SamLevi11 likes this.
  8. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Found these guys awhile ago, actually dug their last record too. Didn't know they had this kinda drama .

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Checked out one song by these guys and turned it off 30 seconds later lol.

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Angst was pretty good for what it was, some decent but slightly generic pop punk. I have no idea was in the band or when though.

11. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

3 at once?!

[​IMG]

12. notbrokejustbent

What was the "unfortunate tweet" thing all about? I must've missed that.

I kinda dig this band. Couldn't really get into Disenchanted but I loved Life Lessons a lot.