Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Those Who Wish Me Dead (Taylor Sheridan, May 14,2021) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 7, 2021.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Available in theaters and on HBO Max
    The official synopsis for “Those Who Wish Me Dead” from Warner Bros. bills the drama as “a female-driven neo-Western set against a wildfire in the Montana wilderness,” adding, “A teenage murder witness finds himself pursued by twin assassins in the Montana wilderness with a survival expert tasked with protecting him and a forest fire threatening to consume them all.”

Starring Angelina Jolie Nicolas Hoult and Jon Bernthal

sawhney[rusted]2 and Anthony_ like this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Immensely here for it

3. atlas

Trusted

in for Sheridan. Yellowstone is a little wacky for me but I think he does better in the confines of a movie’s length

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yep yep yep let’s go

5. Looks awful but I’m gonna watch.

6. atlas

Trusted

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

reviews seem to be precisely okay

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

No duh this rules Nicholas Hoult and Angelina are amazing

9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i can't wait for this tomorrow

10. atlas

Trusted

Basically everything I've read about this suggests it's like his other movies but without the Themes™ so I'm definitely expecting to enjoy this

11. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

This was great. Very suspenseful.

12. Anthony_

Enjoyed this a good bit but wasn’t as high on it as I was expecting to be going in. Some stuff in the script I thought was weak and some weird editing at times. Overall pretty good though. Jolie and Medina Senghore were great.

13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Didn't realize Taylor Sheridan directed this. Going to try and watch it tonight if I can find enough time.

14. atlas

Trusted

This was good, way better than Without Remorse. Sheridan understands the value of not explaining why the kid is being chased. The reason being, no one fucking cares, just get to the next tense Bernthal scene

airik625 likes this.
  15. airik625

Yeah I also really enjoyed this. Steady pace throughout and great action sequences. Solid acting by everyone too.

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

this was whatever. agree with whoever said it’s like the kind of film stallone would’ve made like twice a year in the 90s

17. airik625

It’s better than something like Daylight which I used to love haha.

18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I was actually really interested in why they wanted to kill his Dad and what he knew, and who they were working for. To gloss over all that for me was a really big hole. Hell or High Water and Wind River vastly better than this

HalfHearted likes this.
  19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Also, the fact that the two killers knew which road to be on, and knew exactly when the Dad/Son would be driving on it, and in what vehicle, was extremely wack.

20. Anthony_

It was the road that led to Bernthal's place, so it wasn't that weird they knew to wait there.

And they flew while the Dad and Son drove, so they got there first and just had to wait.

airik625 likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

They had a GPS tracker and there was only one road

22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Wait, they had a tracker? Must have missed that part

23. Anthony_

Yeah I didn't think they had a tracker because Nicholas Hoult was like spotting the cars and telling Littlefinger if it was them or not

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I guess the killers knowing where the Dad/son would likely be going, knowing which day to show up on that road, and knowing the exact timeframe of day to be on that part of road (they were there what, 2 hours?), seemed far fetched to me. But whatever, it's a movie. Enjoyed this more than Army of the Dead

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Tyler Perry just knew where he lived I guess that makes more sense