Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thor: Ragnarok (Taika Waititi, November 3, 2017) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 31, 2016.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

SteveLikesMusic and Davjs like this.
  2. PauLo

43% Burnt

I'm all in. Looks bloody great.

3. Davjs

Trusted

This is going to be great. Surprised at how much it showed for the first trailer, I kind of wished I hadn't of seen that much actually like Hela breaking the Hammer, the joke about Hulk being a work buddy, Asgard getting wasted. I think of those scenes would have came off fresh in the theater. I'm def done watching trailers for this, but so in.

Also in regards to the Guardians vibe it has, I think that's just because the trailer was lined up with another classic rock song (nice pick btw)

4. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Holy shit this looks good. There is definitely a strong GotG influence with the bright colors and soundtrack choice (even lines up with Starlord/Thor getting captured). The end though... so good lol

5. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Looks pretty cool

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

IMG_8523.JPG
    IMG_8522.GIF

Not enough talk of how fabulous Hela is.

coleslawed and St. Nate like this.
  7. Davjs

Trusted

8. RonandTammy

Regular

Since Taika Waititi is brilliant and looks to be adding a lot of humor to Thor, this still makes me LOL.

9. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Qft

I had a lot of hope, too.

Why Bother? likes this.
  10. Davjs

Trusted

I'd argue and say they are trying a bunch and it shows. Just from what they showed us it looks like we are getting so much in this movie.

11. RonandTammy

Regular

They're obviously trying to make Thor a bit lighter in tone, which is much appreciated. I'm hoping for some awesome humor in this.

12. zigbigwig

I don't see the problem at all. It looks fun?

I mean Hela pretty much destroyed Mjolnir with minimal effort. Nobody has ever done that as far as MCU is concerned. and isn't that a trait of a Taika movie? Wilderpeople was a lighthearted comedy but it handled death of a loved one just fine, I'd say even elegantly.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. zigbigwig

14. Yeah, I love the aesthetics and the charisma and all of that. It'll be a fun movie. But Marvel doesn't really raise any stakes here, and they're comfortable with that. They're giving Thor the Guardians treatment because it works and it sells.

You can already tell that it won't have much impact however menacing Ragnarok or Hela may be, because who cares?

My only hope is that the trailer is just meant to draw in the masses and there's a lot more to the movie.

15. RonandTammy

Regular

Well, yea, there are no stakes here. We all know both Thor and Hulk are going onto the Infinity War. This is just showing what happens in the inbetween times.

16. Tim

That is, indeed, what trailers are.

17. Tim

scottlechowicz likes this.
  18. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

For me, the stakes of the film don't have to impact the MU as a whole, but they do have to impact Thor. That is the purpose of the solo films. And just looking at this trailer, we see Asgard being annihilated. We see his hammer reduced to rubble. Both of those events should have a substantial impact on who Thor is and where he is emotionally. At least, those events have had that impact in the comics. So I am fine with the stakes of the film, as presented.

19. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Well that looks incredible to me. My hype is through the roof.

Snewt and Tim like this.
  20. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

And the GotG vibe makes sense to me. The bulk of the movie is in outer space, which GotG showed us looking a particular way. And so I am glad they are maintaining the GotG aesthetic. Goldblum has a Collector vibe going, which is nice. And I think Valkyrie uses the same (or a similar) stun device Gamora did on Starlord.

So I appreciate the continuity.

21. RonandTammy

Regular

His arc here will be how he deals with not having his hammer. He'll get his new weapon, can't remember what it's called. But yea, he'll have some emotional stuff to go through.

22. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

I'm sick of all these trailers with classic rock songs. It's getting old.

Jusscali likes this.
  23. RonandTammy

Regular

The only reason I got that vibe was from the music.

24. zigbigwig

I wonder, if after Infinity Wars, MCU would be divided into the Earth and cosmic ones.

Are there other interesting plots, besides Thanos, that those 2 sides would team up for? F4 and Galactus are still with Fox, right?

25. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

My guess is it will be the axe he has in the Aaron run. I haven't followed along with any spoilers for this film, so I am only going on the teaser.