Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thor: Ragnarok (Taika Waititi, November 3, 2017) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 31, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

That would easily top any movie Thor has been in

JRGComedy, Dean and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  2. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I thought the previous Thor movies were painfully average, not the kind of thing I'd want to watch again. Tbh I don't know if I'll even bother to watch this one lol

3. This one sounds like it could be much better than the first two.

ChaseTx likes this.
  4. This one sounds like it could be much better than the first two.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Well this is something.

6. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Waititi is gonna do great things with this one. Marvels way of making it up to us for running off Edgar wright.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Thor 3 is going to be next level.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed and Davjs like this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Anthony_D'Elia and coleslawed like this.
  11. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

That's awesome. I really need to see Hunt for the Wilderpeople.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. Schooner

Trusted

It's been probably my film of 2016

Really interested to see what Waititi does with this. Was blown away and confused that he got the gig after knowing what (and good but different) Boy, Eagle v Shark, Shadows are like

13. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This new logo is so damn good. Taika recently said the film is going for "retro sci-fi spectacle" and this certainly conveys that idea. I'm anticipating this film way, way more than either of the first two Thor films.

[​IMG]

15. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

late to this thread but wow im in love with this

16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

After seeing Hunt for the Wilderpeople, I can at least say the Thor Ragnarok might be a beautifully shot film with Taika at the helm. He might finally bring the Thor franchise from B-level Marvel to A

coleslawed, awakeohsleeper and Tim like this.
  17. Tim

You know how Marvel said of this movie, "Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer..."? Well, this recently released piece of Infinity War concept art has people speculating on what that could mean going forward:
    [​IMG]

Basically, people are theorizing that, in Ragnarok, either Thor becomes unworthy, or Mjolnir get destroyed. This weapon he's holding, then, could either be his battle axe, Jarnbjorn, or a new Mjolnir inspired by the one appearing in Ultimate Marvel (which also seems to be the one that the Unworthy Thor is about to acquire in the comics). Both weapons in question can be seen in this image:
    [​IMG]

18. RonandTammy

Regular

I feel like people aren't paying attention to this movie. The director alone will make me want to see it.

I the movie won't have anything to do with these two clips, but it would be goddamn hilarious to see a mockumentary style super hero movie with top-notch special effects.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Hopefully we get a formal teaser soon.

20. RonandTammy

Regular

I just realized that Thor lost his hammer in the comics, and some concept art for Ragnarok reveals that he now has the battle ax. I don't remember the name of it, but that's interesting. If that is the case, how will Jane Foster play into this? Thor gave up his name, and now goes by Odinson, so I wonder if they'll end Ragnarok with this story line.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Jane Foster won't be in it.

22. RonandTammy

Regular

Not in any capacity that we know of. There is always that chance of a post-credit scene of her picking up the hammer. Who knows.

GettingSodas likes this.
  23. Tim

I wouldn't be surprised if we get Jane Foster Thor someday, but the soonest it could reasonably happen is Phase 4 at this point.

GettingSodas likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

In all fairness it's nine months away and that's a mighty long time

25. Tim

IMG_8359.JPG

This is weird, but I'm very into it.

Kingjohn_654 and coleslawed like this.