Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thor: Ragnarok (Taika Waititi, November 3, 2017) Movie • Page 17

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 31, 2016.

1. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Hell yeah indeed

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Try saying Thor Four five times fast, eventually you will say +44

ChaseTx and Anthony_ like this.
  3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I was watching Ragnorak last night. It still holds up as one of the best MCU films. I would like to see the Grandmaster return.

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I hope the Guardians are in it

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Very nice

6. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I'm guessing GOTG3 comes first and then Thor 4. Probably in the same year like 2017.

7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

With Akira now being put on hold I am guessing this film is being fast tracked. Late 2021/ early 2022 release?

8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Huh. I've been super skeptical of these rumors, at least in the immediate future, but I'm happy to be wrong in this case. Ragnarok is still my second favorite Marvel Studios film after Guardians 2.

Outside of obviously Thor, Valkyrie, & other still living Ragnarok cast members, the main things I'd wanna see in this are the return of Sif, the return of Jane Foster, & the debut of Beta Ray Bill. Maybe use Mangog in some capacity, too, since Taika Waititi rules at adapting Jack Kirby.

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

We need Sif back asap. Her not appearing in endgame when everyone else did was odd

Tim likes this.
  10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I think Beta Ray Bill is rumored for GOTG 3 which makes this strange. If this is true then perhaps GOTG3 will introduce Thor to Beta before Thor 4. We’ll still have to get some Thor elements in GOTG3 due to the ending of Endgame.

11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

MOAR KORG

coleslawed, David87, ChaseTx and 3 others like this.
  12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Didn’t they hint at Adam Warlock showing up in Guardians 3? Also, gimme some Nova.

13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Not a hint, Gunn confirmed it

DarkHotline likes this.
  14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Zac Efron is rumored to have spoken about the role.

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

oh hard pass

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed, ChaseTx and Anthony_ like this.
  17. Davjs

Trusted

I agree and is why I was fine with Loki dying in the next movie right away, those moments in Ragnaork were his arc completing IMO.

18. I'm so excited about this. I feel like Thor - despite being an OG avenger - didn't come into his own until Ragnarok. Even if this is the last standalone, I'm just happy it'll exist.

Plus, it eases the very genuine grieving I'm still doing about Cap and Tony really being gone.

19. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Why? Hemsworth has been very vocal about continuing to be Thor after he felt reinvigorated with the character after Ragnarok/Infinity War/Endgame.

20. I can't decide if I want Jane Foster to return. I like the character but they have the chance to do some very real commentary on healing from trauma with Thor and I don't want them to use the "relationship as panacea" cop out so much of media uses.

21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I genuinely love Waititi but nothing’s he's done has made me think he’s the guy to direct Akira. I’m happy about this.

Just cancel Akira, I don’t see any way that’s going on be successful

22. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

This movie turned Thor into one of my favorite characters in the franchise so I'm stoked for another one

Also that op update is nice. Bout to stop at the library

Anthony_ and Jusscali like this.
  23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would like her to return...if Portman agrees and it probably 100% depends on that if Marvel goes that route. If they get the right director and allow her to have artistic freedom then she would probably do it but not if her character is only at the mercy of people other than her. She doesn’t seem to like what she had to go through with the first two films.

24. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I really would not like any of the conclusion to Gunn's Guardians trilogy being spent on setting up a 4th Thor film. If Thor 4 is officially green lit, there is no reason to waste time in Guardians 3 telling a story that'd fit better in Thor 4.

Characters can be continued in a lot of ways. :shrug2: We're six years removed from the last Iron Man film, & yet the last 5 of those years each had a film prominently featuring Iron Man in it. No other character has had 4 films centered around them, so I kinda figured it'd make more sense to put him in other films. Especially since, between Ragnarok & Endgame, I'm not sure what other arc to give him? At least not without being a retread.

I don't want Jane in a romantic capacity, but with how fantastic a character Jane is in the comics, & how much the films didn't do her justice, I do wanna see her finally do something. Between her time as Thor & her new status quo as a Valkyrie, there's a lot of precedent for her having a heroic spotlight shined on her.

Anna Acosta likes this.
  25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Any chance Valkyrie will return in this or do you think they'll leave the new Asgard to one side and tell newer stories?