Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thor: Love And Thunder (July 8, 2022) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Jul 20, 2019.

1. tvck

Trusted

Twitter going crazy with speculation that he will be Beta Ray Bill

coleslawed likes this.
  2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I like it

3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Never would’ve expected that

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

would love him as some norse villain but BRB would be hilarious

5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I’ve low key been wanting Bale as Norman Osborn whenever they get around to that plot thread, but him doing Beta Ray Bill and playing it totally serious would be fun

6. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Bale is an actor I'd like to see take himself less seriously so this could be interesting.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

How do you mean exactly?

8. Nathan

His brand of acting is often "put on/lose a ton of weight for a serious movie". Good an actor as he is (and some overrate him), he's made maybe one or two legitimately good movies for every three or four terrible ones in the last 20 years, and I think it's because he largely takes serious, actor-ly roles. He's become predictable and usually boring and, worst of all, the movies and his performances have been bad more often than they've been good. I think Taika Watiti's tone could be refreshing for him.

9. phaynes12

i feel like that’s pretty uncharitable but i agree with your larger point that it could be a refreshing change for him

10. Nathan Jan 8, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 8, 2020)
    Nathan

I know the Academy and many people love him in David O. Russell movies but I don’t. He was good in Vice and Ford v. Ferrari though so hopefully he’s starting a solid run.

11. phaynes12

i can’t stand david o. russell movies haha. those are probably some of my least favorite performances of his. but i thought he was pretty good in vice and ford v. ferrari like your said, as well as big short, knight of cups and out of the furnace in just the last few years

12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

So with the idea of Natalie Portman taking over the "Thor" title, does that mean we won't have Hemsworth Thor anymore after this? Because everytime I see Ragnarok it makes me realize how much Hemsworth's Thor is probably my favorite character in this universe lol

[​IMG]

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

He is still around in the comics following Jane as Thor so unless Hemsworth decides to leave I doubt Marvel will write him off

David87 likes this.
  14. bobbyblakem

I could see Bale being an awesome Gorr the God Butcher as well. That backstory seems like something bale would be interested in exploring as well.

15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

He's probably going to be Dario Agger

16. Nathan

I checked his IMDb and it’s not as bad as I was remembering. He’s rarely that bad. Still I think he’s a huge reason a lot of people conflate “looking different” with “great acting” and why we have Oscars awarded to Jared Leto and Gary Oldman. Bale is better than they are but still.

phaynes12 likes this.
  17. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Given Hemsworth’s apparent love for the character (and lack of huge success outside the MCU) I think Hemsworth is in for the long run. Him and Tom Holland will probably be doing these things for another decade at least.

David87 likes this.
  18. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Plus isn’t he still around in the comics when Jane is Thor? Or am I just confused because I read those and God of Thunder at the same time?

19. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Yes he is the Unworthy Thor. Who is also fun, but broody, wielding his axe and whatnot.

20. PauLo

43% Burnt

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I wonder if he ends up being the head of Roxxon or something. That was the early plot of the Jane story. I don't know if I'd love him playing Bill.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Nevermind. I guess that article says he is otherworldly.

24. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

He's probably either Gorr the God Butcher, or someone tied into the Shi'ar Empire (like Gladiator, the Shi'ar god K'ythri that Jane faced, or maybe even Lilandra's brother D'Ken).

You can't really tell the whole War of the Realms story that hung over the Jane Foster Thor era after how Dark World handled Malekith, but the God Butcher story that led to Jane's run & shares themes w/ it would work great. And, based on the timeline of the Fox acquisition, the Asgard/Shi-ar War storyline from Mighty Thor could also work.

25. GBlades

Trusted

Would go crazy for Gorr in this, that Aaron run was immense!