Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thom DiLonge Thread Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, May 4, 2016.

1. I don't hate him either. If he made some good music, I'd be stoked. But I just don't like all of his untrue statements, false promises, steep prices for everything, etc. He's become a joke of himself, and it bums me out.

beachdude42, Brandon Allin and FTank like this.
  2. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

3. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Shame he'll never top BCR.

Brenden likes this.
  4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

The first two AvA albums are way better than BCR

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Horrorca

Trusted

I don't really get all the hate he gets

Blink is cool, he just lost his way... I feel for him because he does seem conflicted and somewhat bummed by the whole situation

also, A&A is pretty neat (just ignore the messianic complex lol), even that last ep was pretty solid (previous two albums I didn't even listen to, though)

there's no way in hell I'm reading a 800 pag shit novel about alien lifeforms written by a pop-punk artist

collin512 likes this.
  6. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Has anyone read Poet Anderson? Might get it for my girlfriend. She loves those types of books.

7. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Tom is fine. He's doing what he wants, and I'm sure that feels pretty "punk rock" to him. Dreamwalker had some good songs on it and that first song on the Chasing Shadows EP isn't terrible.

collin512 likes this.
  8. Kuri44

It's pretty good. It is a young adult novel, so there's a lot of corny dialogue. The first half of the book spends a lot of time setting things up and explaining how everything works. One thing I noticed is that it's a bit more depressing than I expected. The second half speeds up and by the end I was looking forward to the second novel.

Just started Chasing Shadows, I've heard nothing but good things about it and so far I'm impressed.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  9. Brandon Allin

I would disagree with this.

10. Kuri44 May 5, 2016
    (Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2016)
    Kuri44

Sometimes I wish that blink-182 would've been part of To The Stars for the sole reason that There'd probably be 2 vinyls worth of blink demos that I would've gladly paid for.

Edit: also, i was listening to his demo album the other day. I think there are a few songs on their that would've been great blink songs with Mark and Travis' Input and Feldmann's production. An Endless Summer, Suburban Kings. Animals could've sounded eerie and huge, with a little tweaking and Travis' drumming. Damn

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I know I know, I'm the only one around here who doesn't like BCR.

12. Brandon Allin

I like the BCR record, don't love it, I've just always found the AVA stuff outside of a few tracks here and there to be pretty boring.

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm on the same page with you since I-Empire, but I like those first two albums quite a bit.

14. Brandon Allin

In all fairness, I haven't gone back and listened to either of them in years, so I may feel differently nowadays.

15. MarceloFP

I am a haunted house. I'm superstitious.

Has anyone listened to this? Pretty cool instrumental track.

Kuri44 likes this.
  16. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

:demon:

beachdude42 likes this.
  17. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

18. Zeke

Regular

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  19. Brandon Allin

I watched this entire thing. He says absolutely nothing of substance about anything. Just rambles on and on.

"I know everything, but I.. uhh.. can't tell you."

20. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Have a link to the full thing? I couldn't find it.

21. Brandon Allin

22. Zeke

Regular

[​IMG]

beachdude, Dirty Sanchez and Collins like this.
  23. Box Car Racer's album was fantastic. The only song that didn't really fit on there was "My First Punk Song" but I can let it slide, I suppose. I definitely rank that album as being equal to TOYPAJ though. Maybe a tiny bit higher. To me, it's the perfect bridge between TOYPAJ and Untitled.

When Angels & Airwaves came out, I was so stoked because Tom was always my favorite Blink-182 member. When I first heard Whisper though, I wasn't into it half as much as I thought I would be. But I forced myself to keep listening to it and kinda tricked myself into thinking I loved it. But in retrospect, I really don't love any AVA album. There's a few songs I like a lot, but there aren't even any songs that I'd say I love. The first couple AVA albums are definitely their best though, for sure, but I feel like their inspiration and creativeness were up high, but they missed it the mark of where they wanted to be. It just really never connected with me the way that Blink and Box Car Racer did. Same with +44 though. I never seriously connected to anything any of them did after Blink broke up. I'd still buy their music and go to shows or meet and greets just because it was members of Blink-182, but never because I necessarily wanted to hear their new bands songs live, if that makes sense.

If everything AVA or +44 did ever completely vanished from the universe, I wouldn't have any feelings about it. But if anyone touched Blink or BCR, I'd lose my mind. That's just me though.

24. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

25. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

FTank and Dirty Sanchez like this.