Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thom DiLonge Thread Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, May 4, 2016.

1. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Talk about AvA, To The Stars, demos, aliens, ufos, area 51, area 52, or anything Tim related.

2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I generally find a few things that I like when he releases Angels and Airwaves stuff. Don't care about any of his non-musical endeavors.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Tim. Is. Out.

ekjohnson4, bd007h, Fox83 and 4 others like this.
  4. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

:heart: Tom

I do respect that he tries to push the envelope further and really try to pursue his ambitions (even if they are batshit crazy). Wishing him the best and will at the very least check out his releases as they come up

5. $17 AVA demos

Pushing the envelope? More like pushing the wallet.

6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

He has to make money somehow lol.

7. i would be too. he'd have to actually go on tour in order to do that though... ha. I don't think he's toured apart from Blink since 2012 or something.

8. Aaron

Trouble trouble trouble.

I like Tom, but I can absolutely understand why people don't like Tom.

I'm probably a bit of an anomaly, because I didn't get really into Blink until the self-titled album. I was aware of their big hits (Small Things/Rock Show/etc.) for years before that, but I wasn't exactly passionate about them. I loved the S/T though (then swiftly delved into their back catalogue), so I was bummed when they split up.

I didn't give a damn about AVA. I loved +44. I wasn't interested in Tom's bizarre ramblings in magazines (and kinda hated him a little for "killing" Blink,) so I didn't even bother checking out AVA.

It changed about four-five years later when I bought AVA's second album just because I was in Tesco and I felt a burning need to buy a new CD. And I absolutely loved it. Then I got the first album. Then I checked out more Box Car Racer than I listened to first time around. Then came more AVA. Then Neighborhoods. I loved it all.

He's an unusual guy, but I've got a lot of respect for his ambition and drive. I've got a lot of love for his musical output too (I really liked his solo EP). I can see why people would be turned off by his relatively erratic behaviour though...and I totally get why people don't like his vocals. Tom is cool with me though. :thumbup:

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Lol this thread will be fun

Also please leave the typo

10. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Tim Delinge

11. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I'd like to start a contest and find the worst Tom Performance.

12. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

ChiliTacos likes this.
  13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This is probably instantly the best thread on Chorus.

14. Brandon Allin

Man, that video is terrible.

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

"...that I am currently shitting my pants, and your pants as well" is still my favorite quote of all time.

KennedyBN, SpyKi and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  16. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Without a doubt the worst, man those were some rough days...

Brandon Allin and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  17. alaskancurry

Honest question, does basically everyone here hate Tom? I honestly get most of the hate but the dude is still personally my hero, I choose to look at his legacy as whole not so much as what he's done recently. I do not care for his non-musical projects but I support his choice to do so and admire his passion in those projects. I do believe he should more carefully choose his words when talking about some things (blink) though haha.

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I don't hate him, I'm really happy for him that he's doing what makes him happy. I'm just not on board with him anymore

19. Brandon Allin

I certainly don't hate the guy, though I admittedly do view him in somewhat of a negative light nowadays for holding up new Blink material and, for lack of a better way to put it, essentially being the cancer in the band in recent memory. Couple that with the fact that I have no interest in the type of music he seemingly wants to play these days or the art he wants to create and.. yeah.

That being said, he was a huge part of my childhood growing up, and I will always acknowledge that he played a major role in crafting some of my favorite albums of all time.

Credit where credit is dude, but things change, people change, and so on. I want the guy to be happy doing what he's doing, it just isn't at all for me.

20. Paul Beaumont

I'm still on board with Tom if he releases something good. I enjoyed most of what he's done with Angels and Airwaves, especially the last full length they did, and the track Diary. I feel that someone who has released about 100 songs in 10 years (not including films, books and all that stuff) isn't going to really have much quality control though, and that's his main downfall.

Dirty Sanchez and Aaron like this.
  21. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

My god that down performance towarda the ene..yooo ohooo ohooo

22. YahWeWoo

I love Tom so, so, so much. Don't care he's an ego maniac. Don't care he's a bit crazy. He's one of the MOST influental songwriters for me. I don't know... his music is still talks to me, even his last effort Chasing Shadows blows me away. Too bad his glory days are gone... I love you, Tom. Stay strong XO

23. YahWeWoo

GEM37 and Letterbomb31 like this.
  24. YahWeWoo

:'(

25. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't hate him, I just wish he would keep his mouth shut about blink. Other than that, he's fine.

Brandon Allin likes this.