Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

This Wild Life / Royale Teeth / Oyster Kids Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jan 6, 2017.

1. kidinthebushes Jan 6, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 7, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

1/05 - Long Beach, CA @ Long Beach Art Theatre
    1/07 - Fresno, CA @ Strummer's
    1/08 - Santa Barbara, CA @ Velvet Jones
    1/11 - Portland, OR @ McMenamis Mission Theater
    1/12 - Spokane, WA @ The Pin
    1/13 - Vancouver, BC @ Biltmore Cabaret
    1/14 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
    1/16 - Billings, MT @ Pub Station (no Oyster Kids)
    1/18 - Reno, NV @ Jub Jub's Thirst Parlor (only This Wild Life)

2. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Setlist and/or merch anyone?

3. midnightxtaylor

Regular

If this ridiculous weather gets in the way of me going to this on Wednesday, I'll probably cry :concerned:

4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I am so bummed about this still!

5. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Ughh me too. They were still posting about the show happening all morning on social media because they got in town the day before, so I was prepared to bundle up and ride MAX. I wish they would have postponed instead of cancelling :tear:

6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I know :/ I love royal teeth too so I was super bummed. Hopefully they come back this way soon!

7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

We're very sorry to say that the remaining dates of our West Coast tour have been canceled due to a last minute and unexpected conflict in our schedule.

We'll give you guys a full explanation soon.

All tickets can be refunded at point of purchase.

8. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Lmao full explanation:

We have so much more to gain hoping on a Dashboard headliner than our current one.

In all seriousness, this is huge for TWL. I hope this does wonders for them.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  9. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Well, I'm glad I didn't attempt to drive to Seattle after Portland was cancelled. Kind of annoying. Or maybe I'm just bitter because I really wish that Dashboard tour was coming here...

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The decision to cancel these remaining dates was difficult to make and is the first and hopefully last time we will have to disappoint fans that support our music. Anyone mentioning "money, business, or selling out" has a misconception of what it's like to struggle in a small level band like ours. We would make more money working minimum wage jobs at home. We do this because we love it more than anything else in this world. We have driven thousands of miles to play shows, played sick on stage, and played to five people in the audience time and time again. We have never canceled a show for any reason other than Portland getting a foot of snow over night and the promoter canceling for safety. As many of you have guessed, we were offered to join the Dashboard Confessional Tour under the condition that we immediately head across country to start the first date on Tuesday night in Boston. We will lose money on this tour and travel in a van during the most dangerous time of the year to be on highways. It is absolutely not a cash grab in any way, shape, or form. The reason I picked up an acoustic guitar and sang was to learn how to play "Screaming Infidelities" at 13 years old. My girlfriend bought me my first guitar under the condition that I learn that song and sing it to her. TWL would simply not exist whatsoever without the direct influence this band had on my life. Playing in this band has changed my life in so many ways, and I appreciate every single fan that gives us the time of day. We have never charged fans to meet us, I generally come out to Merch every night to meet and thank the people that allow us to pursue our musical dreams. Seeing you guys disappointed is painful for me on a personal level and I'm truly sorry that a few of you feel let down. I can only hope that you understand the position our band is in at the moment, and that this tour is something that I have dreamed of for fifteen years. To those of you that will have us, Anthony and I have already discussed a way to make up these dates and play shows either for free or as cheap as a venue will allow us to put tickets on sale. We spend more time with our fans than with our families and loved ones at home, we will continue to do so without hesitation because we love the shared connection of this music. - Kevin

11. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Shit, I was looking forward to seeing them tonight. We very rarely get music like this in MT so that really sucks.