Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

This Type Of Bracket (Could Do Us In) - Chevelle Bracket Bracket • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bachna84, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Davjs

Trusted

Some pretty hard match ups this round, esp 2 and 4!

-Long
    -Prove To You
    -Dos
    -SMA

bachna84 likes this.
  2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

bachna84, beachdude and Davjs like this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I’m into them! Honestly the only reason I usually don’t do these is I feel like there’s very few bands I listen to in-depth enough where I’m deeply familiar with their whole large discography... to the point where I know all the songs well enough to rank them. My music listening is weird, I do love a lot of bands, but there’s a lot of them (including Chevelle) where I haven’t given nearly enough time to certain albums/songs and just don’t feel like I confidently could rank them. The only bracket I feel like I could’ve confidently participated in was probably Linkin Park, but I remember I was too busy at the time lol.

Sorry I know that was way too long and no one cares :crylaugh: Enjoy the bracket everyone!

BTDandFeelingThis, bachna84 and Davjs like this.
  5. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Long
    Point #1
    Dos
    SMA

Davjs and bachna84 like this.
  6. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Long
    Point #1
    Open
    Sma

7. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Long (that breakdown is sick, can def hear the Tool influences on this album)
    Point #1
    Open
    Mia

bachna84 and Davjs like this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, I never got the comparison until I heard this album (I listened to it after This Type of Thinking came out)

bachna84 and theagentcoma like this.
  9. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I don't know their songs. All my attempts at participating in a bracket for a band I didn't know ended in a terrible failure.

bachna84 likes this.
  10. Davjs

Trusted

Haha whats the story on this? Best case scenario you find a new favorite band and worst case you just miss the rounds and it doesn't hurt anyone. Come join my dude.

bachna84 likes this.
  11. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Although I don’t participate in a lot of them and tend to fall off from the ones I do, I think they are great ways to discover and /or revisit a bands discography. Every round I listen to the songs.

12. atlas

Trusted

I’m not participating this round because this album is bad and I wouldn’t take any song from it over basically any song on the following 7 albums

13. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

It's not even a case of liking or not liking a band, it's more that I don't often have time to sit down and listen to the tracks so I end up quitting after one album. I tried to do the Andrew McMahon, Coheed, Alkaline Trio, etc. brackets and it always ended the same way even though I liked the music.

Davjs, Nate_Johnson and bachna84 like this.
  14. DesolateEarth

Birb

Ill join in at Wonder What's Next. Not familiar with this album and I'm sick so not willing to commit to listening to a new album right now.

15. Davjs

Trusted

I'd almost agree if Hats off to the Bull wasn't a album.

bachna84 likes this.
  16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yea I just don’t know this one, I do follow the bracket tho and will pop in later for what i know/try new albums as I have time. Ik people around here post a lot about how they were one of the better radio/hard rock bands so I hope to check out the newer stuff.

bachna84 likes this.
  17. Davjs

Trusted

You for sure have to check out This Type of Thinking and Vena Sera rounds my dude.

bachna84 likes this.
  18. DesolateEarth

Birb

Vena Sera and Sci Fi Crimes put a lot of their peers to shame. Some of the best late 2000's alt metal.

19. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

This band sits in a niche spot reserved for bands that really straddle genres and dare to challenge being labeled.

bachna84 and DesolateEarth like this.
  20. Dog with a Blog

Agreed. I feel like the title track should win but I’ll pick any song post Point #1 over it. Jumping from this to Family System is night and day

21. Dog with a Blog

Listening to WWN and just hit Send the Pain Below and fuck this song makes me sad lol. It is my childhood ha

Every song on this album fucking hits

22. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Round Two Final Totals:

Blank Earth - 0
    Long - 5

Prove To You - 1
    Point #1 - 4

Open - 3
    Dos - 2

SMA - 4
    Mia - 1