Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

This Is Us (NBC) TV Show • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mgiannotti, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Beth is the best. That’s my hill to die on.

coleslawed and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  2. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I'm so worried about Deja!!

Garrett L. likes this.
  3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

finished season 1 this weekend. what a show. William's passing and services completely wrecked me, and i was shocked that the finale didn't explore Jack's death. i was hanging on every thing he did waiting for it to be the thing that did him in, they got me hook, line, and sinker.

Kingjohn_654 and Garrett L. like this.
  4. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Oh jacks death

coleslawed and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  5. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Randall was on Brooklyn 99 this week. He played a killer who wouldn't confess and he nailed that part.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. Shrek

i can't believe i didn't jump in here after finishing a couple of weeks ago.
    • i def feel like Annie gets in to some trouble or goes down a bad path, maybe somehow due to Deja's presence/some kind of jealousy or maybe completely on her own, and that is who Tess and Randall go to visit.
    • Toby... idk. seems too easy for his depressive episode to be about the marriage. he mentions a somewhat estranged brother in the bachelor party ep. maybe he passes before they can patch things up?
    • hoping Kevin's story is a feel-good arc, looking forward to that. i am a big loser and am bummed the Sophie thing is done and buried but it does make sense.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. Shrek

8. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Chrissy why are you doing this to me. Summer is supposed to be my happy time

9. Garrett

Randall, Beth, Tess, Annie, and Deja need to have a thirteen episode arc where everything is beautiful and nothing hurts and they all just have a wonderful life being the best family doing the most fun things and I need this as much as those characters need this.

10. manoverboard365

Trusted

I just assumed it was bad news anyway lol

My guess is that Deja is in prison for doing something fucked up to the family, and Randall and Tess are finally going to visit her.

11. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I feel like it’s Annie cause she hasn’t had her own arc yet and like...hasn’t Deja been through enough? Lol

12. Ya, this show likes using plot twists/surprise reveals, and having it be Deja seems too obvious.

13. Just a reminder that S3 starts tonight.

14. Garrett

Deja :heart:

coleslawed likes this.
  15. bobby_runs

Creator already said he filmed series finale stuff during season 2. It was on last weeks Bill Simmons podcast. The one without Cousin Sal.

TBH this show has one maaayyyybeee two seasons in them.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  16. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

Hm. What makes you say that? Just because the end is already fixed?

17. LosManosFuertes

Also, I think I would rather a show be a limited run than to drag on forever, but that's just my hot take for the day. I'd sacrifice length of show run for top notch quality (which it has been up until now).

bobby_runs and coleslawed like this.
  18. Shrek

i adored the premiere

19. bobby_runs

This premise can only go on for so long. I hope NBC doesn’t keep it around and sacrifice quality.

20. LosManosFuertes

I'm with you on that. The premise would get tired after awhile, but so far so good. I think 4-5 total seasons would be reasonable like you said.

Also has anyone noticed/watched that ABC show A Million Little Things? Can't help but think they're starting a Sad Show Turf War, so the This Is Us fans gotta be prepped to square up. (Mostly kidding of course).

Shrek likes this.
  21. Garrett

I want Beth and Randall on tv 5eva can we cancel the rest of the family after a few seasons?

22. LosManosFuertes

Haha I don't think you're the only one who feels that way. A lot of times the peripheral characters are more interesting than the main ones, but the dynamics of everyone bouncing off each other is what makes the show fun. Like I love that Kevin gave Randal the line that got Randal a date with Beth. Little things like that are the best.

Garrett L. likes this.
  23. Shrek

everything i’ve read about A Million Little Things is that it’s twice the tropes with none of the heart. probably gonna check it out this weekend because gf is interested so i’ll report back but we both have serious doubts lol
    i would fuckin die for Randall

LosManosFuertes likes this.
  24. LosManosFuertes

I was a big fan of that premiere. Didn’t know how much I missed this show until it was back on. The ending bummed me out though.

25. chcougar1

Trusted

Thought the A Million Little Things premiere was pretty solid. Life is messy!