Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

This Is Us (NBC) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mgiannotti, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

Wut was shown?

2. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

Some sort of presidential address or press conference. That man's a joke and a half.

Davjs likes this.
  3. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Ron Howard! This show is too damn good, one of the few shows I wish the seasons were longer.

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

As soon as I heard Sufjan play again I said to my fiancée some real shit is about to go down. Makes sense they would use something from Carrie and Lowell... given the albums content

coleslawed likes this.
  5. MegT585

Trusted

I thought I was going to get through the episode last night without crying. Then the postcard scene happened. I lost it. :embarrassed:

6. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Half way through the episode last night i thought Jack might die and I wasn't prepared. This show continues to deliver.

Garrett L. likes this.
  7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

My Mom kept going "they can't kill Jack and William off in back to back episodes" over and over and over last night.

coleslawed, MegT585 and kelseyleigh like this.
  8. LosManosFuertes

So what did everyone think about the episode? Might be a hot take, but I was a little let down...

9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Most people feel that it was a let down ha, the story really didn't move forward haha

10. LosManosFuertes

Haha really? Okay. I've just been blown away by pretty much every episode, so when I wasn't this time, I was kinda thinking I was on an island. Good to know.

11. Garrett

They didn't deliver on what was advertised. But any episodes following William's death this season were going to not deliver.

12. LosManosFuertes

Short of Jack's death, you are correct.

13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

it was weird bc it was advertised as being this HUGE episode and then nothing happened

14. Garrett

They also advertised Jack and Rebecca's wedding a lot and it wasn't even in this episode.

15. Garrett

Unrelated, but one of my best friend's name is Rebecca Malone and it throws me for a loop every time it's said in this show.

16. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

I think the complaints about the finale (not here, that I've seen across the internet) have been a little overstated. In hindsight it was lame the way they used the Kate and Toby moment to hype a reveal that didn't come, but it's weird the way that finding out how Jack died has become like THE point of the show for people. I'm super curious but it's not really the hook for me. If they showed it on Tuesday, would those people have inevitably hated season 2 given that there are no more loose ends like that?

17. LosManosFuertes

I'm getting like a Meta idea of How I Met Your Mother from Rebecca's point of view where Miguel is Robin haha.

18. Davjs

Trusted

I expected everyone to die. Was disappointed :tear:

19. Strange that it looked like they set up a reveal with the moment with Kate confiding in Toby, but other than that I liked the finale. That huge argument Jack and Rebecca have was done in one 2.5-min(ish) take. It was an intense scene for me, and I commend Mandy and Milo for that one. Plus, we got to see the new paths Randall, Kate, and Kevin are starting down. Not the closure some audiences wanted, but I was satisfied.

20. Garrett

Amazing. That scene was uncomfortable to watch for all the right reasons.

Joe likes this.
  21. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I look forward to this show returning in September. My favourite new series of this season

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Jack & Rebecca's fight and Jack's final monologue were great, but for a finale the episode was a little disappointing.

23. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

so couple thoughts after hard binging the first season:

1) thematic continuity spanning multi-generational cosmetic continuity chopped up into clichéd, episodic drama is apparently my shit.

2) fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

3) i hate these writers and fuck them for being very good.

25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

this show gives me all the feels every episode.
    don't know why I put it off for so long.