Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

This Is Us (NBC) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mgiannotti, Sep 20, 2016.

1. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Seeing Jack's relationship with his father when he asked for money was real great. And showed the stark difference between the two of them.

2. Davjs

Trusted

• Agreed and his comment about "doing what's right" came out of no where and didn't make any sense. It's almost lazy writing x2 just to give a reason for her to be mad at him.
    • Yeah pretty weird, but nice to get a scene of all three of our main together. We don't get too many of those.
    • That was really well done.

AelNire likes this.
  3. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

The chemistry of Milo and Mandy is perfect.

Kingjohn_654 and LosManosFuertes like this.
  4. Haha rekt... emotionally:verysad:

5. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Last nights episode was so well done and pulled at all the heart strings.

LosManosFuertes likes this.
  6. Renewed for two more seasons.

7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

If they keep giving us episodes like last night's, I hope we get 12 more.

8. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

This is so sweet. ❤

Joe likes this.
  9. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

Definitely teared up during Rebecca's speech to her kids and the moments with Jack right after that, also heartbreaking scene when Jack told her that they lost the third baby. Powerful.

I didn't know how this one was going to work without any present day time of stuff, but I think it worked out really well. I don't know if it would work out as well if they did all present day stuff haha.

AelNire likes this.
  10. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

I liked that we got more background information on Kevin in last nights episode. I'm really enjoying how the story is being revealed.

Joe and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  11. Was watching this at my desk, and I almost fist pumped involuntarily at "My husband is a freakin' superhero"

12. Stress levels high watching last night's ep:uhoh:

13. Garrett

Randall is breaking my heart.

kelseyleigh likes this.
  14. Garrett

This damn show. What a beautiful episode.

15. MegT585

Trusted

I cried so damn hard last night. Probably my favorite epsiode so far.

16. Davjs

Trusted

Man, William's band was really great. I don't think that musical performance will get the credit it deserves. This show needs to be titled "We Will Make You Cry: The Show"

17. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

They did such a good job with Thursdays episode. They way they seamlessly transition between the different times is awesome.

18. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Just watched this weeks and god damn. we knew Williams death was inevitable, but they handled it so well that it was so heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time easily my favorite episode so far

kelseyleigh likes this.
  19. This show..:verysad::verysad::verysad:

20. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

"I haven't had a happy life. Bad breaks. Bad choices. A life of almosts and could haves. Some would call it sad, but I don't, cause the two best things in my life were the person in the very beginning and the person at the very end and that's a pretty good thing to be able to say, I think."

Just about lost it at that part. Beautiful writing.

21. Garrett

Yeah, I did lose it at that. Incredible. And so well earned by the show. I hope this episode gets the credit it is due come next award season.

ramomcferno likes this.
  22. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Yeah they really did. I love how the transition between times. So smooth.

Agreed. My favorite episode of TV this year.

The writing is amazing. The fact that they wrote a chracter that we were all so invested in, in less than a season is a testament to their writing skill. They deserve to win awards for it.

kelseyleigh likes this.
  23. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

This is a very good show, especially for a network drama. Started it like 2 weeks ago and already caught up. It's not without flaws, the cheese gets over the top on occasion and the Kate/Toby characters & storyline is stuck giving the bare minimum for compelling most of the time (and a handful of truly wtf moments like Kate taking the job with the ex wife), but there is some truly wonderful stuff here. Randall's family is so excellently written, the flashback stuff is worked in really well, even Kevin has evolved into a pretty interesting character (and has always been the most entertaining)...it makes a lot of sense the amount of buzz this has built. The last episode was just perfect.

Favorite moments:
    William with the egg cream and the car - this was the best scene of TV I have seen in so long
    Miguel asking Kevin why he hates him
    The first Blues run the Game montage where you get most of the William story
    Basically every big Kevin & Randall scene

I thought the episode a couple ago where William came into the office was so well handled. A lesser show lets the shit hit the fan right there and gives us 30 minutes of a guilty Randall losing it at his dad then feeling bad about it. Instead we get some Friday Night Lights level feel good stuff for the rest of that one and the consequences saved for a week later.

And for a show that could easily be just twists and nothing else, they're almost all so reasonable and earned. Really bummed the seasons is already just about over.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The whole cast is fantastic, but Sterling K Brown is just next-level good. Easily my favorite performance on TV right now and nothing else is particularly close.

25. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

I was ferociously pissed off that there was no episode this week, especially considering what was shown instead.

NewSurrender likes this.