Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

This Is Us (NBC) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mgiannotti, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Damn, that was some Thanksgiving. Lot of feels in that ep.

kelseyleigh and AelNire like this.
  2. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I still love this show.

Joe and Garrett L. like this.
  3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Same. Only new show I make sure to set aside time to watch it every week.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Man, the last two episodes have been brutal. I really enjoy this show and will miss it after the break.

5. Kingjohn_654

I loved when Kevin stood up to those hipsters and Randall's trip made me pretty emotional.

6. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Those were good moments.

I loved the part at the karate studio with Randall and his dad. That sense of community and love are amazing.

coleslawed and Garrett L. like this.
  7. Garrett

This wrecked me.

ramomcferno likes this.
  8. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I cried almost the entire past episode. Like ugly cry not just tearing up.

9. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I think I only really care about Randall's story and the past story with Milo and Mandy. I could care less about whatever's going on with the other two siblings. But Randall's story truly does make you want to tear up lately.

10. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I don't care about Kevin at all. He's not even likable to me but I am interested in Kate's story and Chrissy Metz is knocking her character out of the park for me.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. Garrett

Kate's story is the one I'm most invested in. Randall's is great. Kevin's is interesting as someone trying to pursue an artistic dream. I think I may care least about the past, despite Mandy Moore being everything.

12. Kingjohn_654

Kate's story is what drew me to the show in the first place

Garrett L. and AelNire like this.
  13. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

I was not prepared for the episode last night. Definitely cried during multiple parts.

14. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I was watching basketball and didn't realize it was 9:50 before I remembered it was on tonight. I didn't watch the last 10 minutes but I'm bummed.

15. Garrett

Mom and I just caught up. Totally cried before the opening credits.

16. Jimmi Simpson! And ya this one brought the feels again. Great mix of holiday cheer and drama.

17. MegT585

Trusted

Did not expect the reveal about William from this weeks episode. Loved it though.

18. Wow, some Golden Globes love for this!

Best Television Series - Drama
    Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a TV Series or TV Movie - Chrissy Metz and Mandy Moore

19. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I really hope Chrissy gets it. She has been phenomenal this season. I'm a Mandy Moore fan girl so I'm cool if she wins too. ATLEAST ONE OF THEM NEEDS TO GET IT!

20. I'm personally rooting for Thandie Newton (Westworld), but I'd be ok with Metz winning! She's been giving a very strong and vulnerable performance.

AelNire likes this.
  21. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I hear so much about that show is it on tv or online?

22. It's on HBO. I love it, but it's polarizing among viewers (at least on this site). It's very grim and can be hard to follow, but if you like the idea of a sci-fi/western, check it out.

AelNire likes this.
  23. Kingjohn_654

Chrissy has made me cry the most so she gets my vote.

AelNire likes this.
  24. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I tweeted something early in the season about how she should win all the awards, she quoted my tweet and said something like Wow thank you so much. I fangirled the rest of the day lol She is just so good.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

A couple thoughts on the episode:

• Got really bummed when Kevin messed it up with Sloane. Also I think it might have been a little cheap of the writers to do a love triangle, but that's an opinion.
    • Really loved the Toby and Kate scene. They have a good relationship going. Does anyone else think it's odd that none of Toby's family showed up when he was in the hospital? I know he was in New York, but still it seems like it was pretty serious.
    • That scene with Jack asking his father for money was great. Just too real. Same goes with the scene where he comes into find Rebecca crying. Very realistic.

Looking forward to next week!

AelNire likes this.