Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

This Is Us (NBC) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mgiannotti, Sep 20, 2016.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I'm enjoying this so far. Kinda saw the twist coming.

2. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

So I watched the first two episodes today after all the positive reviews. I really like this show! This is the first family oriented drama I've seen in a long time, probably since Friday Night Lights ended in 2010. Will continue to follow this. Happily surprised as I wasn't interested when I saw the first trailer

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm kind of on the fence with this show.

I can't really stand Milo Ventimiglia's character. The Big 3 thing is too cheesy for me. Ventimiglia's heartfelt speeches are too much for me. The last minute "twists" at the end of both episodes were obvious to me and felt dumb tacked on to the end...

BUT I like Chris Sullivan's character and feel compelled to watch at least a 3rd episode.

4. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

The older brother is such a bitch and I can't get past my forever disdain for mandy moore, but otherwise, this is pretty good

5. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Episode two twist felt forced to me

6. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I am loving this show. New favorite honestly.

7. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Ugh, this is so good. Every week, all the feels. And the laughs.

:whispers: "Is she making you eat this?"

Garrett L. likes this.
  8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think I can continue watching this. There are some things I like about it, but there are others things that are just WAY too cheesy for my liking... and Milo Ventimiglia's character just REALLY bothers me for some reason.

9. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I'm glad Espo from Castle is in this.

10. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

I'm really liking the show so far. I like how they have to dual timelines. Seeing how things are now makes me want to know what happened in the past.

11. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Ever since Rebecca was still wearing the necklace Jack gave her when she and Miguel showed up at Randall's has my mind reeling. Is Jack dead? Did they divorce? I need to know but stuff like that keeps us hooked and on our toes. With all the shit going on in the world this show brings so much happiness to me each week. Bring on the excessive cheese bc I love it.

coleslawed and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  12. I'm really liking this. Definitely filling the void left by Parenthood for me.

13. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

14. imthegrimace

Yeah after the twist of the first 2 episodes there's nothing to keep me interested. There's not that many characters and they're all boring. Parenthood had like 12 main characters and kept them all interesting and developed them all throughout the show.

EngineDown likes this.
  15. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I know this is simple drama but the characters are charming and I enjoy watching it. Am I the only one?

coleslawed, AelNire and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  16. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I love it and sometimes I tear up a bit.

ramomcferno likes this.
  17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I watch it every week. The character writing is great.

ramomcferno likes this.
  18. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

So good to hear that I am not the only one enjoying it. It really knows how to pull the heart strings.

19. imthegrimace

Stopped watching. There is nothing to these characters. Bad show.

20. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

^ this

watched the first 3 episodes and gave up. this show is not good.

21. It's very simple and doesn't reach anywhere near the heights that Parenthood did, but I enjoy these characters and root for them.

ramomcferno likes this.
  22. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

"Weed helps.."

23. Davjs

Trusted

I watch this for the wife since she "watches all my superhero stuff with me" and I'm not hating it, even though it can be cheesy sometimes. I wouldn't call this show bad though. The time jumps throughout mix it up a enough.

Also, little does she know that the Manny is Green Arrow in disguise :-D

Kingjohn_654 and AelNire like this.
  24. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Last nights episode made it clear to me that they're both most likely going to cheat on each other which sucks.

25. "You and my wife got high together?" ... "That's pretty cool."

fluxyjoe and Davjs like this.