Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

This Is Us (NBC) TV Show • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mgiannotti, Sep 20, 2016.

1. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Fuck Marc so much

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

FUCK MARK

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. phaynes12

BEAT HIS ASS RANDALL CHALLENGE

DrAlanGrant and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  4. MidDave

It’s very very important to know it’s Marc with a C. Mark’s are okay, but Marc’s with a C are the woooorst.

Kingjohn_654 and phaynes12 like this.
  5. clucky

Trusted Supporter

This whole episode is super uncomfortable

Really good job from the actors establishing all that tension

And yeah Marc is the worrrrrrrst

Kingjohn_654 and Shrek like this.
  6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Randall's portrayal of anxiety of always so powerful and hits so hard

also the scene with Jack choking had me so fucking tense despite knowing he lives to be just fine. i am probably a couple years away from being a father and those kind of scenarios scare me so bad about all of it.

Kingjohn_654 and phaynes12 like this.
  7. Chris289

Regular

I have a 3 year old son named Jack. The emotions my wife and I were feeling during that scene were not fun.

Shrek likes this.
  8. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I thought this was one of the best episodes of the whole series. Its amazing how they spent 5? episodes on essentially one story line.

Surfwax, Shrek, clucky and 3 others like this.
  9. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Honestly not sure if I’ve ever been as mad from a TV show as when Marc dropped that fucking mug.

Kingjohn_654, Shrek and clucky like this.
  10. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Man what a fantastic episode. Fuck Marc forever.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Do we think this is the last we see of Marc for this season? (i know we could see how many episodes the actor signed on for or whatever)

Upon looking back I realized I didn't like the fact that they showed Kevin driving up to the house at the end. Felt like they hit us over our head with that.

12. Shrek

theres a lot of value in portraying Marc as a more mental abuser than physical (although he was that too) or sexual. it's obviously very important to call attention to the latter two forms, but network dramas have a way of leaning on them in a distasteful way that almost minimalizes them (looking at u Shonda) and makes them feel like more of a dramatic crutch/trope/regular ol plot device rather than trying to drill down into anything more than that. tbh ever since the "we have to go get Kate" line was dropped earlier this season ive been dreading that it would be some kind of sexual assault. Marc's abuse is a very real kind as well and idk it might just be a symptom of the shows i choose to sample, but i dont see that kind portrayed as often.

13. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Kevin is such a vital character to this family and show and I’m so glad his arc exists

Shrek and stayillogical like this.
  14. Shrek

i cant really explain why but the end of this one made me cry more than like any other ep

Kingjohn_654 and Garrett L. like this.
  15. Garrett

this is us knows how to do a damn montage.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  16. Just recently caught up. The whole Cabin arc of episodes was great.

Kingjohn_654 and LosManosFuertes like this.
  17. Garrett

Never would’ve thought at the beginning of this season I’d be anything but Team Randall but here I am, rocking my new Team Kevin appropriately fashionable sweater.

Kingjohn_654, Shrek and stayillogical like this.
  18. MidDave

Man Randall is a diiiiiiiiick

Kingjohn_654, Shrek and stayillogical like this.
  19. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

It kept irking me how he put down Kevin's acting. I'm glad Kevin put him in his place.

Kingjohn_654, Shrek and Garrett L. like this.
  20. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

Kevin has come a long way. It's good to see that he has worked on himself and I think Randall is definitely being an asshole right now, but also it's good to keep in mind that Kevin hasn't always been reliable and he also did some shitty things in the past (driving drunk with Tess in the car) even if it was unintentional.

However the big thing that is getting me is the huge martyr complex from Randall. Doing things that no one asked of him and that might not have been necessary and then getting mad that no one thanks you is kinda silly, IMO.

At the end of the day I think they need to do whatever Rebecca asks for, full stop. As soon as she told them her wishes then Randall needs to put his shit aside and work together with Kevin. Within reason, obviously, but yeah.

21. phaynes12

great ep, man

22. Shrek

Randall coming off shitty sometimes is important and a real perfect example of what sets this show apart and keeps it away from the pitfalls of so many other heartstring dramas

23. MidDave

I can’t believe Randall had the nerve to not involve Miguel in that conversation.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. phaynes12

yeah his dismissal of miguel at the psych office pissed me off. missing signs of dementia in your partner doesn't warrant being seen as aloof or whatever

25. Garrett

I think next season we'll (finally) see Rebecca and Miguel's story. We haven't really, yet. May help explain a lot of how the kids look at him.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.