Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

This Is Us (NBC) TV Show • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mgiannotti, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

it’s certainly the weakest but some things that i wouldn’t expect to work for me just... are. Nicky being alive felt like some Grey’s Anatomy stuff at first but it’s done a good job at peeling back just how much of Jack is in Kevin for better and for worse.

fuck Randall winning the election though, i still can’t believe that happened.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I cried like 3x past episode. The sequin fight reveal, Rebecca's conversation with the baseball player, and Nicky's story to Rebecca. Idk, haha, I'm a sucker for this.

Kingjohn_654 and LosManosFuertes like this.
  3. tvck

Trusted

I fucking love this show

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. Shrek

ya know, i wasn’t super pumped when i heard this was a Beth-centric episode because i am not a fan of one character episodes in general, but that was one of the best episodes of the show

5. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Beth is the most underrated character on this show, and definitely my favorite.

6. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

That episode definitely hit me right in the feels. As soon as I saw Abe I thought “Well something bad is going to happen to him because he’s super nice and we can’t have good things happen to good people in this show.” Jk, but this season is starting to feel like one gut punch after another, I’m begging for just a hint of levity.

7. "But I can't be me without you. How could I be?" :verysad::verysad::verysad:

8. tvck

Trusted

So no episode this week cause of World of Dance? Fucking Lame

LosManosFuertes likes this.
  9. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Beth and Randall will forever be everything

10. tvck

Trusted

Just can't help but feel that their relationship is starting to circle the drain with everything that's going on. I would hate that if it happens.

11. tvck

Trusted

Also, this family can't catch a fucking break lol.

LosManosFuertes likes this.
  12. Garrett

I feel the same way and it makes me remember my parents’ divorce and I’m gonna write a strongly worded letter to the writers

Kingjohn_654 and tvck like this.
  13. Garrett

okay so the first twenty minutes of this (bottle?) episode has balanced hilarious and awkward anxiety amazingly

14. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I literally thought Toby was gonna say Kate died, but instead he dunks on Miguel SO HARD that my jaw dropped to the floor. One of the most iconic moments of the show. If he only knew everything that had gone on in that room lmao

Shrek and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  15. LosManosFuertes

Every time Miguel talks about the family I always just think “Man it would be tough to date a Pearson”.

Shrek, Kingjohn_654 and Garrett L. like this.
  16. LosManosFuertes

Thoughts:
    -Still worried about Beth and Randall (that flash forward still does not look great).
    -Worried about Kevin and how this is affecting him and also what he's putting Zoe through
    -Worried about Kate and Toby because obvious reasons
    -Like Rebecca's monologue about Jack, but I really feel like Kevin and Randall have been swallowing feelings for awhile now and they just need to fucking work it out so I worry that the fight they had would have been better to get out.

Great show. I don't usually talk about characters like they're real people, but this show makes me really suspend my disbelief.

17. LosManosFuertes

Randal has lost his goddamn mind and he kinda deserves what he gets at this point. Right now it feels like a little bit of meandering this season but then I remembered there’s only two more episodes left. Brace yourselves, y’all haha.

Kingjohn_654 and Shrek like this.
  18. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Idk if I'm in the minority but I really love the Sophie character and I think Alexandra Breckenridge is great. I hope Kevin ends up with her, no matter how cliche

19. Shrek

Beth and Randall are both wrong but Beth is considerably less wrong. the anxiety attack comment was hurtful but it gives me douchechills that Randall could say something so hurtful to her to start all of this, refuse to give her space despite asking for it, corner her into an on-the-spot fight, and then storm to PA when she says one hurtful thing. high school shit.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  20. LosManosFuertes

I don't think she was asking in a "needing space" type of way, though. I didn't gather that anyways. I think she was pissed and I don't really think they should have let that simmer, but I hear you. Calling someone out for something they can't control is just hurtful and unfair.

The past scenes made me feel some kind of way, because to constantly bend for someone else (like Beth), never say anything and then get mad at them for "forcing you to bend". No one can read minds and some of the time it just felt like Beth was angry that Randal couldn't read her mind which is kinda unfair.

All that said Beth has been crystal clear she needs to do the dance instruction thing. It's important to her. Randall needs to respect that.

Damn when I wanted a Beth and Randall centered episode I thought it was gonna be happy! Haha

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. Shrek

well, i cried. so glad there was a mostly happy ending. i appreciate how much they showed us of the future - was very surprised by that. gotta give them major props - they have HALF THE SHOW to go and everyone but Kate, Miguel, Deja and Annie are confirmed to be alive come the future. that is a MASSIVE swing for a heartstring drama like this. what a hand to play.

22. Garrett

Beth and Randall finding the door was very important to my mental health.

23. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I didn't understand why they didn't discuss moving to Philly, it was so annoying. Glad that resolved itself.

Garrett L. likes this.
  25. Garrett

I love Beth and Randall and Sterling and Su so much it hurts

DrAlanGrant likes this.