Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

This Is Us (NBC) TV Show • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mgiannotti, Sep 20, 2016.

1. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

I can understand that, however you love Beth unequivocally, so I am not all that taken aback haha.

Garrett L. likes this.
  2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

He's not keeping his word! I totally get his side, truly, but his daughters need him!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. LosManosFuertes

I completely understand you and I definitely agree. This seems like Beth sounding the alarm and Randall missing it, but it also comes off as Beth being bent out of shape because she didn't get her way. The Thanksgiving episode kinda got on my nerves a little bit and left me feeling some kinda way about Beth and how Randall never could tell her no. But also in the grand scheme of things Beth has been there for Randall 100% with the William stuff so I can see she would be stretched thin.

Also, am I wrong to think that they've had worse fights/disagreements than that and come out fine? Dunno why this one is different?

Garrett L. likes this.
  4. Garrett

Yeah, something is off. I can't tell if the flashforwards are hinting that they're divorced now (I hope that's not the case) or not.

I also feel like Kate and Toby are super isolated from the rest of the cast right now? It doesn't really make sense?

Jack's brother being alive is also...weird? I'm 100% on board with this show always, but this season is going in different directions than expected (which is usually a good thing, so who knows why it's throwing me off).

5. LosManosFuertes

The hinting at divorce thing with Beth and Randall is the one that is really throwing me off. That seems like barring something extremely drastic that it would be very manufactured for the sake of drama. Same thing with Jack's brother. That seems a bit contrived in a way. The thing I've loved about this show is that it always seems to make sense logically (no Dues Ex Machina type shit).

I'm very concerned about Kate and Toby with the flash forward showing Toby. I feel like we're heading towards a world of hurt with them.

Garrett L. likes this.
  6. LosManosFuertes

7. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Jack's brother bit definitely has me a bit worried. Like did Jack think he died? or make up the story he died to protect him from? or claim he died because he couldnt live with the truth that he deserted?

none of those make a whole lot of sense to me. hope they resolve it all in a logical manner but a little worried reason is gonna start going out the door for the sake of drama

LosManosFuertes likes this.
  8. clucky

Trusted Supporter

in other news, Toby's "blue means boy???" is more evidence for why Toby is the best character on the show

LosManosFuertes and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  9. LosManosFuertes

I'm thinking about it now, has Jack ever specifically said Nicky died? I'm sure he has, but I can't remember those specific words.

It's also weird because Bradford, PA (on the envelope with Nicky's name on it) is not that far from Pittsburgh and so it doesn't really make sense that Jack wouldn't know about him being alive.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

reddit theory that i feel like is 100% going to be the case: Nicky blew up the boat with the woman who gave Jack the necklace and her son on it. Nicky gets dishonorably discharged and Jack severs ties. my gf pointed out how Jack mentioned the woman and boy are a fishing family so it all tracks.

11. Shrek

Jack definitely knows and maybe has even seen Nicky since off screen. there’s a lot of unaccounted for time in Jack and Rebecca’s marriage where Jack is drinking, boxing, “staying late”, what have you.

12. GBlades

Trusted

When kate said something like "Chorus is the one thing I look forward to" I thought "she knows about us"

13. LosManosFuertes

We got 11 whole pages here dedicated to you and your family, Kate!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  14. LosManosFuertes

This and theory above are pretty solid. That makes a lot of sense. I kind of thought they would have shown more of Jack and that woman getting closer, but maybe that was the red herring. He didn't want his kids to see the pic because he didn't want them to know about Uncle Nick, not because he loved that woman.

15. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I'm so disappointed in Nick.

16. LosManosFuertes

I am disappointed as well, but I don't know if I can be too hard on anyone and how they felt after fighting in Vietnam. Being drafted for a war that you don't support and definitely don't want to fight and then seeing all this horrible shit would have a bad effect on anyone.

17. Shrek

where the fuck is everyone

premiere pissed me off, Randall winning the election was ridiculous. one of my least favorite developments in the show and undid all the great work laid by the midseason finale in terms of Randall accepting that being perfect doesn’t make impossible things possible.

this week’s ep was largely great though - i’m surprised how well they’ve made Nicky’s survival feel like less of a twist and more of an extension of the story and the analysis of Jack’s character.

while these last two eps have not jumped to the future, i’ve realized something about the flash forwards - Kevin is the only member of the big three not seen or referenced. i feel as though the rest of them could be visiting Rebecca on the first birthday since Kevin’s untimely death.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. AlwaysEvolving21 Jan 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 25, 2019)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

See, I was upset they didn't just age Michael Angarano for Nicky like they did to everybody else haha. Dude is a good actor.

19. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I hope Kevin tells Nick about his close call when he was high/drunk with one of his nieces in the car.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  20. LosManosFuertes

Just watched the most recent episodes, I sincerely commend Toby for not absolutely losing his shit when he finds out his Star Wars stuff was sold. I know it was a mistake, but Kate seemed very flippant about it. Also I still have a weird feeling about them that something bad is going to happen which is why Toby is alone in the flash forward.

I think in addition that we are headed for a Beth centered episode based on the story she told to Randall about her father.

Also shout out to @Shrek for sounding the alarm on us posting again. Great theory with Kevin, btw. They did lay some kind of groundwork in the second episode where Jack tells Kevin "Don't repeat your father's mistakes". In the episode they make it apply to Nicky, but maybe some kinda tragic and heroic death awaits Kevin as well...

Shrek and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  21. Garrett

can Randall be my dad

22. LosManosFuertes

Damn, Kevin.

23. LosManosFuertes

Looks like we're getting a Beth episode!

Shrek and Garrett L. like this.
  24. Shrek

Kevin falling off the wagon hurt. he played the silent shame in the car ride back perfectly. this cast really knows how to live in these characters.

LosManosFuertes likes this.
  25. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I hate to say it but this season is doing absolutely nothing for me.