Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

This Is Us (NBC) TV Show • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mgiannotti, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The way Randall said “froyo” needs to be my new ringtone

coleslawed likes this.
  2. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

What did everyone think of Toby's freak out? I really liked it because I definitely get sick of how far up each other's asses the Pearsons can get from time to time, but I also know it's coming from a dangerous place of being off his meds. Feel bad for the guy.

Also feel soooo bad for Randal in this episode. Dude can't catch a break sometimes.

coleslawed and Shrek like this.
  3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

this fucking show, man. this week’s ep was great.

4. LosManosFuertes

Something horrible is going to happen with Toby and Kate and it’s going to suck.

5. Shrek

not entirely sold on this although it is very likely. i suspect Toby’s refusal to get back on medication will persist to the point Kate has to leave him for the mental well-being of herself and their child. really hope they don’t have a tragic pregnancy

6. LosManosFuertes

I hear you, but the flash forwards do not make it look good.

7. Garrett

“Miguel, Toby, and I have a text chain...”

We don’t deserve Beth.

coleslawed, stayillogical and Shrek like this.
  8. LosManosFuertes

Haha love that in that text chain she says "Miguel is on point". We only get short bursts of present day Miguel, but that dude seems to be a fucking sage haha.

stayillogical likes this.
  9. clucky

Trusted Supporter

The first half of this week's episode I didn't really like because I'm not a big war fan, but the second half really picked up

Definitely the best bit was when kid Jack brought Nicky his glasses after Nicky tried to stand up to their dad. It wasn't Nick going "no I can't do this I need Jack" it was Jack going "no you can't do this you need me". Really hit home how Jack trying to do the right thing and help protect Nicky quite possibly did more long-term harm than good, a trend we've seen manifested a bit both in his relationship with his kids and a trait Randall has definitely picked up.

Also seeing Jack's dad when Nicky was born... makes you wonder if Jack would've managed to keep his demons at bay forever (given he already had a few close calls) or if he'd lived he'd be the same angry drunken man as his father and grandfather.

coleslawed and Joe like this.
  10. Nice standalone episode. I liked the Superman bit with Jack and Nicky.

coleslawed and LosManosFuertes like this.
  11. LosManosFuertes

Great points all around. I definitely noticed that bit about Jack's dad when Nick was born. He wasn't drinking and he seemed super happy. I wonder what the arc was that led Jack's dad to be so angry and bitter and to take up drinking. Maybe he lost his job or something? I'm sure they'll get into it later this season as we learn more about Jack.

clucky likes this.
  12. LosManosFuertes

Anyone else notice that the Vietnamese woman whose son tried to give Jack a fish is wearing the necklace Jack gave to Kevin???? (I didn't notice on my own, saw an article about it).

13. ^Totally missed that.

14. Garrett

I won’t recover from Randall’s prom date

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. LosManosFuertes

Something bad is fixin' to happen soon. It's been too long.

16. LosManosFuertes

Other than the looming dread, I like this season so far!

17. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I have a sinking hunch after that last shot that its gonna get revealed the big three have a half-sibling

stayillogical likes this.
  18. Shrek

i love this season and have thought every ep was a hit so far, but i wish they were paced a little differently. between the last two eps being Vietnam focused and the break during midterms week, it’ll have been a month since we’ve seen Randall and Beth by the time this week’s ep rolls around

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

just started this bc my wife is obsessed. pilot is good enough.

20. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I cry at least once an episode. In a good way! The show has yet to disappoint me. Let us know what you think as you move through the show!

primavera likes this.
  21. clucky

Trusted Supporter

it all feels a bit too crowded. its not like any one of the storylines this season are bad. There is just a lot going on and maybe it would be better of less was going on?

22. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Mandy Moore and Milo have perfect chemistry I'd watch this forever

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I kinda hate Jack's brother. Idk what he sees in him.

24. LosManosFuertes

Anyone have thoughts on the fall finale?

25. Garrett

I am Very Mad at Randall.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.