Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

This Genre Is for Lovers: A Pop-Punk Documentary

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

This YouTube documentary all about (mostly new-ish) pop-punk showed up on my radar the other day. I haven’t had the time to watch the entire thing yet, but I’ve seen positive comments from those that have and figured it’d be worth sharing.

2. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

I always wondered with the rise up mobile phones and decline of actually having a ticket to a show - would people collect the ticket that they print at home themselves. The one scene where they went to a kids room and all over the walls he had the paper he printed out posted up on the walls answered that for me.

teebs41 likes this.
  3. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

He must've shot this very recently. At around 3:46 he's flipping through his vinyls and has Brand New's latest.....

teebs41 likes this.
  4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Love seeing bands like Muncie Girls in this alongside Sorority Noise, The Menzingers, etc.

This was really cool and well made. A really enjoyable watch.

5. Fun watch.

6. thrilliam

i liked this alot

7. oneeightytwo

Regular

Having seen both small intimate shows and the “$500 Metallica Stadium” shows... they both have their merits. Metallica was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen.

Also... is Suburbia worth that much on vinyl?

8. dogdad

Regular

i didn’t know the guy who voices bob in bobs burgers likes pop punk

dorfmac and David Parke like this.
  9. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Discogs shows first pressings going for the $40-50 range. The limited test pressing which exist go for over $100.

10. oneeightytwo

Regular

Interesting. I’m sitting on $300+ haha

RedDotRecording likes this.