Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thirty Seconds To Mars "Monolith" tour (Walk The Moon, Misterwives, Joywave, K Flay, more) Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Phil507, Feb 8, 2018.

1. musicfan10

Trusted

You are mean on here

Oddjob likes this.
  2. Oddjob

I'd pay 100 dollars to see musicfan10 live. Fuck the haters and he'd play more than 13 songs too.

TMS2787 likes this.
  3. TMS2787

Trusted

I’m hardly “mean”. You should’ve been here when it was APnet. Those where some real assholes. My deepest, most sincere apologizes if it believe I’m mean. I’m simply stating my opinions. As are you. Over and over.

JamesMichael likes this.
  4. heymattrick

Sending my love

The Walk the Moon show in Columbus tonight was amazing. I know tomorrow is going to be a completely different crowd but I’m at least excited to throw Joywave & Misterwives into the mix. I’m sure 30STM will be fun too.

5. heymattrick

Sending my love

Also 30STM is really only playing 12 songs now. “Monolith” is listed on all the setlists as the first song, but all things considered, it’s an instrumental intro. Looks like they were playing a Rihanna cover and dropped it.

Either way, excited for Cleveland tonight. I wish they were playing Closer to the Edge earlier in the set because I wanted to jet out before the last song. I’ve never been to Blossom but I’ve heard getting out of there can be a nightmare.

Oddjob likes this.
  6. musicfan10

Trusted

I heard their set lasted 50 minutes, can someone confirm?

7. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I got free tickets to the show tomorrow in Camden but I'm not gonna go. There are more bands playing tomorrow (Portugal the man, chvrches, the neighborhood), which would be really cool to see, but even though the tickets were "free", it's still $40 to park and driving nearly 2 hours away lol. I'm going next week to Holmdel anyway much closer and free parking so I guess it doesn't really matter

8. heymattrick

Sending my love

Cleveland was interesting. I don’t know why I expected anything different for an amphitheater show, but the crowd was absolutely pathetic. I walked into the pit at 5:40 for a 6:00 show and I got a great spot on the barricade on the left. I seemed to be the only person into Joywave or Misterwives at all. I knew every song so I had a few special moments with the bands. The place was pretty empty still and only felt like it started filling in right before Walk the Moon.

There were a few Walk the Moon fans right around me and the band was super energetic but the crowd still didn’t seem to get super into it. Pit didn’t really fill up until closer to Mars starting. I got a Joywave setlist, one of Misterwives roadies walked right up to me and handed me a drumstick, and then Eli from WTM’s guitar tech tossed me hit setlist.

30STM was interesting. Pretty standard Leto performance but the place had finally filled up and the crowd was actually pretty into it. First 45 minutes of the set were pretty great then it kind of hit a huge lull in the middle. The energy dried up towards the end. Closer to the Edge is probably my favorite song of theirs but I started heading towards the parking lot when it started because I knew this place (Blossom) was going to be a nightmare to get out of.

9. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Lawn seats are on stub hub for only $6 lol that's a steal

10. heymattrick

Sending my love

As a follow up (I’m not sure if your show has passed already), but I spoke to another fan in Cleveland yesterday that did the VIP and she said there were only 5 people, so she got a good amount of time to chat with the band and take a whole bunch of photos. So sounds like a pretty good situation, better than the M&G experience on their headlining tour. However her “premium reserved seat” was a little further back than she had hoped.

11. bkaeser93

Trusted

It’s June 30th. I have a pit ticket already so I’m able to just upgrade

heymattrick likes this.
  12. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Show was great...and I paid $25 to park lol

crash53456 likes this.
  13. musicfan10

Trusted

Walk the moon was great the other night, but 30 seconds was worst I’ve seen in a long time. Lot of people left after the 3rd song .

14. TMS2787

Trusted

I felt like after the “break” and Shannon came out to do Remdy the energy kind of died. I personally really enjoyed that as I didn’t see it in Pittsburgh but I agree. And there where a lot more people then I elected. I was happy about that. Walk the Moon was really fun!

$40! Insane. That’s awful. I always park far away and just walk when shows or games have parking that costs that much.

15. zachmacD

Trusted

My girlfriend and I went to the 104.5 birthday show yesterday which they combined with this tour. The neighborhood were ok. It sounded like the sound levels were off or something. Misterwives, chvches, and walk the moon we’re all really awesome. Lots of energy from all of them.

Portugal the man we’re pretty good. I saw Washed Out Friday and he had crazy visuals so I wasn’t super impressed by ptm’s and they were a little to slow for the vibe of the day(all of the bands before them were super upbeat). We ended up leaving before 30stm since the setlist from the show before us didn’t have from yesterday or attack.

Overall I’d say it was a great day for $20

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  16. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I was there too. I said the same thing about the Neighborhood; their performance was bland and the sound levels were definitely off.

Joywave and The Aces both had great sets on the outside stage. It was rough standing in the 90 degree weather for both sets though! WTM was great, but my fave was PTM.

zachmacD likes this.
  17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Sorry I can't remember if I already posted this last week, but for the MSG show on Wednesday there's currently tickets on Stubhub for $6.

Sadly even at next to nothing I still have no interest in going to this.

18. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Which lot did you park in? The main lot always seems to be $40 and the others are usually filled by the time I get there lol

19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

The one down by the baseball stadium. Its a little bit of a walk, but still beats paying 40 haha

20. zachmacD

Trusted

Did the neighborhood get a sound check? From what I remember, no one came out to check their stuff before they played but all the other bands did. Also, the 104.5 hosts didn’t say anything about them in the lineup. My girlfriend made a comment about them getting no love lol. It’s a shame because I really like their stuff. Glad you liked Portugal the man, I wish I brought some weed for them but I was beat from drinking all day

21. m32137

Regular

The Jacksonville alternative station is running a contest for someone to play guitar with 30STM at the show next week. You gotta submit a video and the band is gonna review them all and pick a winner. The best part is you gotta bring your own guitar, ear buds, and extra strings to the show if you win.

22. musicfan10

Trusted

They are trying whatever they can to get ppl to buy tickets lol

Oddjob likes this.
  23. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I dont remember them getting a sound check either...that's bizarre. And yeah man I ended up having to take a nap in the lawn during Churches. Beers and 1000000 degree weather don't mix too well haha.

zachmacD likes this.
  24. TMS2787

Trusted

They did that in Pittsburgh too. I’m not sure that the guy wasn’t even plugged in. I’ve seen them do it a few other times. It’s a cool contest but I don’t know if they actually play guitar. Haha.
    Nah, that’s not gonna sell tickets. One person winning a contest isn’t going to sell tickets. Plus it’s something they’ve done at select shows for years now.

25. zachmacD

Trusted

lmao. I snuck in a cruse flask with some rum so just mixed that with diet coke all day. I'm sure you were dying