Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thirty Seconds To Mars "Monolith" tour (Walk The Moon, Misterwives, Joywave, K Flay, more) Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Phil507, Feb 8, 2018.

1. musicfan10

Trusted

I tell you one thing, 30s is playing 13 songs for a headline set! That’s a disgrace for ppl paying to see them

Oddjob likes this.
  2. m32137

Regular

I wonder if the people who were disappointed when they pulled this shit on the Muse tour learned their lesson and that's why this isn't selling. Even with a whole new album of material.. smh.

Oddjob likes this.
  3. heymattrick

Sending my love

WTM was playing large clubs and theaters, they’re one of my favorite bands but honestly they would not be able to headline this. Even small amphitheaters is somewhat of a stretch for them. Like they sold out The Aragon in Chicago on their last run, but haven’t sold out Express Live in Columbus tomorrow which is being promoted as their “hometown show”.

In Denver on the last album they sold out a 3k venue for the first tour, this album they only played a 1k venue. Then last album they sold out Red Rocks, now they’re opening for 30STM. This album just hasn’t gotten as much attention, and “One Foot” just didn’t pick up steam like “Shut Up and Dance” did

4. musicfan10

Trusted

It’s just a bad lineup for these venues. If they added 2 more quality bands then this tour might have sold. Maybe add a day to remember to this bill?

Oddjob likes this.
  5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

OK, now you're obviously a troll.

heymattrick likes this.
  6. musicfan10

Trusted

Not a troll dude - I’m just saying , these 2 bands can’t sell out these venues alone. Add 2 other bands to this lineup and you might? Agree?!

Oddjob likes this.
  7. thatissometal

Regular

I'd also consider attending this tour if Jared Leto didn't lip sync all the choruses. Saw him in 2016 and it was such a let down for $150 on 2 tickets.

8. musicfan10

Trusted

I saw them with linkin park and they were awful

9. bkaeser93

Trusted

I’m honestly going for WTM, and Misterwives. Joywave I also enjoy. But I’m in love with WTM they are easily my favorite indie pop band they kick ass live Misterwives are hell a lot of fun too. I just feel 30 Seconds To Mars headlining and Jared being the egotistical person he is and the price of the show is what is bringing down the tour.

heymattrick likes this.
  10. bkaeser93

Trusted

It would of been cool if they had the whole lineup play every date then add a band like Bleachers or Pvris and made it into a mini festival.

11. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

WTM sold out Hammestein Ballroom in NYC (3900-capacity) this past winter and in 2015 sold out Central Park Summerstage (5500-capacity). 30STM is just not as big in the U.S. as they are in Europe.

bachna84 likes this.
  12. SPine

Trusted

Anyone know set times?

13. TMS2787

Trusted

I think maybe that was last year? I’m not sure. I personally don’t think they’d fill it by themselves but who knows. I think they did a co-headliner with Andrew McMahon in the Wilderenss that sold out the HOB? Which really isn’t saying anything since he sells that out himself and it was a few years ago. Lol.

This is the type of response I was hoping I’d get. They seem to be hot one minute and not the next. It’s strange. Express Live! Outdoors is 5K I think? I’m assuming it’s outdoors.

It’s @musicfan10 what do you expect? His posts never cease to amaze me. I’m never seen someone post so much in a thread about a band they dislike so much. Then again this is the same person who kept posting in the Circa Survive / Thrice Tour Thread long after it was over and was just double-posting from the Balance and Comspure Thread.

Last night was my 15th 30STM show and I’ve never seen him lip sync anything, he just lets the crowd sign a lot the last few years. Maybe he was sick? Because this shit sucks. Haha.

Good downgrade in venue size in the biggest city in the world. Lol. 30STM probably should be playing the Summerstage with this tour.

Pittsburgh was:
    Joywave - 6:00 PM-6:30 PM
    Mistervies - 6:50 PM-7:20 PM
    Walk the Moon - 7:55 PM-8:50 PN
    Thirty Seconds To Mars - 9:30 PM-10:55 PM

SPine and bachna84 like this.
  14. bkaeser93

Trusted

30STM has an hour and 25 min set with only 13 songs how fucking sad

15. Cmoney86

Trusted

$100 plus fees for pit is not worth it for a 13/14 song headliner this should have been a club tour or something. Who do they even have playing guitar or bass I saw live videos and it only looks like it’s Jared and hit brother playing drums. Makes it so not with it

16. TMS2787

Trusted

It “starts” at 9:30 but the intro is longggg plus there’s a transition part in the set. Haha. I wish they’d cut out some of the nonsense and just play a few more songs.

Stevie is playing bass for them, he’s been a “touring member” since 2013. There’s a few times you see him but it’s mostly fixed on Jared and Shannon. The production is awesome and the set runs about 75-80 minutes, despite it being 13-14 songs. I agree though I wouldn’t have spent $100 on the pit. I got lucky and got one for free. As well as four other lawn tickets, a mid pavilion and I couldn’t even give them away outside. Haha. Granted, I got there in the middle of WALK THE MOON and it was a moonson in Pittsburgh around that time.

17. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I saw them headline a small amphitheater in 2011 and they literally played 10 songs.

18. Cmoney86

Trusted

Yeah that sucks this can’t be a good tour for them. My date is today and it’s supposed to be around 100 with the heat index and it’s a outdoor venue. I was debating on if I wanted to go or not but I can’t justify spending 100 plus on pit tixs when id only be going for them

19. TMS2787

Trusted

Goddamn, that’s hot. Maybe take a trip to the venue? And scope out the lot I’m sure that there will be a ton of free tickets and maybe if you get a decent pavilion jump the barricade when he brings people on stage. Not that I’m avicating that butttt… haha.

20. musicfan10

Trusted

I don’t care what you think, 13 songs for $100 is crazy

Oddjob likes this.
  21. musicfan10

Trusted

22. Cmoney86

Trusted

It’s not worth it I get their stage set up is awesome and prolly cost a lot and that’s why it’s so expensive

Oddjob likes this.
  23. TMS2787

Trusted

Lol. I never said $100 for any amount of songs a band of this popularity is justified. Try again @musicfan10.

24. musicfan10

Trusted

What’s your problem

Oddjob likes this.
  25. TMS2787

Trusted

The only problem I have is a weight problem. How about you?