Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thirty Seconds To Mars "Monolith" tour (Walk The Moon, Misterwives, Joywave, K Flay, more) Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Phil507, Feb 8, 2018.

1. musicfan10

Trusted

Are they just giving away tickets for this tour?

Brent likes this.
  2. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Looks like the Pit tickets that were previously only being held for 30STM VIP have now been released to the public. This lineup is stacked for me with the support (Joywave/Misterwives/WTM) so definitely wanted to be pit for Cleveland.

3. bkaeser93

Trusted

Debating on doing the VIP upgrade for Walk The Moon.

4. heymattrick

I wouldn’t do it for one of the 30STM shows. But if you’re going to one of the headlining shows WTM is doing, then I’d definitely recommend. The VIP package opening for Mars just doesn’t seem worth it.

5. Cmoney86

Trusted

I wonder who’s playing guitar on this since they lost tomo

6. bkaeser93

Trusted

I’m going to one they are opening for Mars but mainly for WTM. From what I read it’s like the same VIP experience for both headlining and opening

7. musicfan10

Trusted

What do you do on the vip

8. heymattrick

For the most part it is, but at least on the headlining tour, the biggest draw for me was the early entry. I was able to get front row barricade for each of the shows I did VIP for. Not to mention you (pretty much) get to meet them with the Q&A. With this tour, it was either a reserved seat or a lawn ticket and the prices were higher for what you get.

9. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I didn't go last night, but the Michigan date literally had tickets going for $6. Like, you could get a seat halfway up the amphitheater for $6-11. Insane. If it was a different headliner, I probably would've sucked it up and went.

10. musicfan10

Trusted

So why is this not selling

11. bkaeser93

Trusted

I’m looking at setlist and Thirty Seconds To Mars is really only playing 13 songs? And WTM setlist is kind of disappointing

12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Because the tickets are too expensive and 30 Seconds is not that popular, despite the radio hits.

13. TMS2787

Trusted

I’m going tonight for the first of two shows. Should be a good time.

14. heymattrick

I’m going to the show in Cleveland on Saturday. Also going to the WTM headliner in Columbus on Friday. I’m really stoked to see Misterwives and Joywave open this, and mainly there for WTM. I dont mind 30STM though and their setlist is pretty much exactly what I’d want to see anyway.

15. SPine

Trusted

I'm going to Cleveland, have lawn tickets. Anyone think they'll have the pavilion upgrade option?

16. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

How was the Jared Leto show? Also, why does Walk The Moon not add "All Night" to their setlist? That's by far the most immediate and grabbing song off their most recent release.

17. TMS2787

Trusted

I’d say it’s a 100% chance they will. Haha. I have lawn for tonight in Pittsburgh and am hoping to get the nice upgrade. I haven’t even bought tickets for Saturday yet.

18. heymattrick

They played it towards the end of their last headlining run. But have to disagree with you entirely on the 2nd statement.

They should be playing Lost in the Wild at every show though.

19. bkaeser93

Trusted

Really wish they would play All I Want on this run. Kind of sad how they are only playing four songs off their new record

20. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

The cost of fees was more expensive than what they were being sold for on Stubhub days prior to the show (4 bucks/13 overall). oof.

21. musicfan10

Trusted

Shouldn’t walk the moon be headlining this?!

22. bkaeser93

Trusted

Agreed

23. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Ticket sales-wise, it's probably like for like these days. I know 30STM plays arenas in Europe but they severely over-estimated the interest in North America with these venues even if they packaged a bunch of Sirius XM favorites to boost sales. Cost for this show is WAY too expensive for a band that's not that popular. Scale down the production if need be, better to play a minimalist show than to an empty room.

24. TMS2787

Trusted

What type of venues does Walk the Moon play when tgey headline? While this tour was a complete oversell on venue size and ticket price I really doubt WTM is the bigger of the two bands. 30STM popularity overseas is leaps and bounds ahead of its popularity here but they’ve had more charted singles and I’d assume they have better overall boxoffice recipets. This was just a poorly executed tour with venues and ticket prices. But I’m not a booking agent so what do I know.

I went tonight and I will say that they could have pulled this off in smaller amphitheater’s. No doubt I could’ve seen it at Nautica (in Cleveland). Because the light “walls” are big and there’s a catwalk on the stage but I really think it could’ve been done it as nothing is as crazy as say Timberlake’s show. But I’m not a staging guy so what do I know.

I thought 30STM set was a lot of fun, a quality production and Jared still knows how to work a crowd. He sounded good when he sang but this tour more-so then others really feels like the Jared show as Shannon is positioned kind of to the side under the screen. The other tour memebers can hardly be seen on stage. But I still really enjoyed I and looking forward to Saturday’s Show.

25. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I believe Walk The Moon has headlined at Nautica in the recent past. Not sure how well it sold though.