Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thirty Seconds to Mars – “Walk on Water”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. andrewcloer

Lurking AP since 2005. Lurking Chorus since 2016.

Pass. More pop music to eliminate guitars on the radio.

3. AMusial625

Regular

I've considered myself a pretty big 30 seconds to mars fan for years now. This is garbage.

4. tomtom94

Trusted

Okay, I used to enjoy Jared Leto's pretentiousness. But that was when he started doing it. Nearly a decade ago.

The song sounds about what I'd expect after the last album.

5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Sounds like a combo of X-Ambassadors and Imagine Dragons.

underoath likes this.
  6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Disappointed af.

7. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

:thumbdown: Nope, nope, nope. I already thought that it's not gonna be good, at least I'm not dissapointed. I miss the "Beautiful Lie" era. This is the same generic sh*t that was on TIW and on LLFD.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of the "Woahhh ohhhh"s

9. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Can we talk about what an inspiring visionary Jared Leto is?

The lyrics "Do you believe we can win this fight tonight" over images of Trump and the war... intensely powerful. Truly the voice of our generation.

10. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I haven't listened to anything after their first two albums, but it was as terrible as I'd feared after reading everyone else's comments. I know some bands and song writers organically go away from the guitar-based rock they started with, but then you hear examples like this where it feels completely soulless.

11. somethingwitty

Trusted

Pretty big fan, and this is just flat. The lack of guitars is irritating. Remember when they wrote songs like Buddha for Mary?

I'm sick of the pop-ification of rock music. Leave pop to Taylor and that ilk.

DejaMoi and Ferrari333SP like this.
  12. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I liked This is War. Latest album wasn't great. This song was a bit boring on first listen.

knstadin likes this.
  13. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Buddha for Mary is dope!

Yeah as I've reflected in the official thread. I'm disappointed. The first two albums are their strongest but I also really liked This Is War too. I'm just sick of the chants and the lack of guitars. Jared has a great voice, just let it shine not push back behind chants or effects.

DejaMoi likes this.
  14. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Really boring song.

15. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

They do get annoying, don't they?

16. ZeoVGM

Regular

Wasn't too big on the last album but this is great.

Feels more in line with This is War, which was their best album.

17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I actually like this lol

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This is fucking terrible. Like, legitimately awful.

Last album was garbage and the band have been going downhill since their second album.

underoath and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  19. underoath

She broke your throne and she cut your hair...

Four years for this shit. Like the guy above said, it could easily be an Imagine Dragons song. And yes I have had enough of the "Woahhh ohhhh"s. No growth in the time it took to release this "new" music.

20. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Lol, this is exactly what I expected from 30STM in 2017. I don't know what expectations you'd have to think this is terrible.

The current pop rock trends don't sound nearly as forced in 30STM's music as they do in a lot of similar bands trying that sound, and it's still over the top in their 30STM way. I like it

21. karcrashianpanache

hysterical and useless

Never enjoyed 30STM, or Leto himself... but the lyrics are just bad. Seems to be a trend of throwing in something political because it's hot and divisive right now without actually saying anything new or adding perspective.

22. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I honestly enjoy it. Scrolled down so the other comments wouldn't sway my judgment. If the rest of the album can keep up it will be solid.

23. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I love your user name. :-)

underoath likes this.
  24. Felix Fidelis

It's all rock & roll.

Came here late. I think people are hearing Imagine Dragons because this is a recycled version of "Radioactive."